Rant

Theme Park bloke

Take a look back a couple of years at something like the 'membership charter' and you'll see that we are in a period of relative friendly calm now, some of the most obnoxious abrasive people I've ever encountered have been on here, but that's all part of the fun! They get bored and move on soon enough.

This reminds me, whatever did happen to Holly?!

An easy link to this for those too lazy to find it - http://forum.maniahub.com/forum/105-membership-charter/.  Definitely worth a read over once in a while!

I do agree that the forums are a lot better at the moment than they've been in the past.  But I guess if some people are seeing the forums as a bit hostile, best to just openly say it now before it descends into madness :P

This is the warning we were given that our whole estate would be closed today. The entrance to our estate is a cul-de-sac that leads to 4 other cul-de-sacs. The first cul-de-sac was closed to all traffic, including residents, effectively closing the other four roads. Notice nowhere on the sign does it say anything about closure

15a320d146a81e8a0b6cefd57c1fb345.jpg
What is 'resurfacing' to the average person? The only reason my family know what it is is because it's my dads job - but he wasn't working on this, though.
It took us 20x longer to leave than usual because the work men were breaking the law on access. We had to argue our way out. After shopping we were forced to leave our vehicles off the estate, ruining the field and flowers, and walk back to our house, which is the last house on the estate. All the while the work force were swearing at my dad and being down right rude to my mun. Once they cleared off, this was the mess they left

a30acbb5613c25ce64f47025a7c4c07e.jpg189c28ffd251bc443b19c757c8eaf91b.jpg1943be32153be0e9d761a83ebb6c5891.jpga56489eb2bd10e3beb2b92fb6ffcc7bb.jpg

This made my family, and the other residents we spoke to soooo angry

Resurfacing to me is when they rip up the old asphalt and lay new stuff down, but it looks from your photo that in this case all they've done is slapped that sealant type stuff down on top of the old surface.

They've done that recently as a test on some paths round here, it's only taken 3 weeks for the weeds underneath to break through the new 'surface'.

You should have got your phone out and record the miserable #### swearing at your mum and sent the video to your local MP.

Not one to complain (honestly I'm an angel really and look at things from the companies perspective) but some workers in Fin's bar and grill literally don't know their right from their left. Can't say anything bad about the food and the manager is a darling but I've never experienced such bad service. Guess there's a first for everything. Cake was nice though

Chavs in queues! Urgh!

Today in the queue for Saw, me and my friend were walking through the first section of the queue (just past the entrance sign), there was no need to walk particularly fast as we are going to get to the end of the queue and have to wait anyway, and these two obnoxious girls shouted at us "do you want to walk any slower?"

Then I replied with "okay then, we are going to get to the end of the queue anyway so there's no hurry" and then they started calling me all sorts of insults such as "fat, ugly" etc - I wont post the rest on here but some were really quite nasty, and this went on for the entire duration of the queue.

Then they were trying to get in my bag, fiddling with the zip etc so asked them to stop, 2 minutes later one of them starts kicking me!

I must give credit to Thorpe for their handling of this, I reported it at the baggage hold (and by now they had also managed to push in front of us) and they were swiftly removed from the airgates and marched off the ride by security, if I could remember the name of the ride op I spoke to then I'd give him some credit, as lots of staff wouldn't do anything.

The question is, why do people feel the need to be rude just for the sake of it? The first comment they made was very rude, but insulting someone over and over again for half an hour is just ridiculous, do they not have any respect? And are they so obnoxious that they really cant see the queue ahead of them? Its lucky I let insults and mean remarks go over my head, some people would have been really upset by some of the things they were saying. Some people really are horrible and a disgrace to everyone else just trying to enjoy their day! Theme parks are supposed to be a break from stress and having to put up with horrible people, but this isn't the first time I've had a bad experience at Thorpe (or seen other people suffering).

Rant over.

You should have got your phone out and record the miserable #### swearing at your mum and sent the video to your local MP.

I wasn't with my dad at the time... But we got loads of photos of the mess they left and the trouble they caused with the lack of notice and when my mum goes into work tomorrow, she will complain (she works in the council offices)

Good and good for you Jamie, last time I had a queue confrontation it was with a French kid at Tussaurds who started ranting at me for not moving fast enough into the Marvel movie, so I told him to stop shoving it won't get him in any faster, to which he replied with a load of abuse, luckily I recognised a few words and simply said if I was a pig I'd be walking on all fours, he soon shut up after that, but then promptly pushed over a tiny girl (probably about 8) and the last I saw of him was him and his family being dragged off by security.

Some people just have no respect or decency.

Not one to complain (honestly I'm an angel really and look at things from the companies perspective) but some workers in Fin's bar and grill literally don't know their right from their left. Can't say anything bad about the food and the manager is a darling but I've never experienced such bad service. Guess there's a first for everything. Cake was nice though

Wrote a nice email to customer services explaining the situation and that it was disappointing and got a quick reply. Seems some of the staff haven't actually been trained yet which explains the poor service. But due to this next time we go we do get a free meal with drinks and fast tracks (which was unexpected as I was just informing them they have some silly staff). Now I can close up this -rant- on a good note!

When your internet cuts out...and then you wait for like 5 minutes for your network to appear in the list, before reconnecting...and then it cuts out again 2 minutes later to repeat the cycle all over again. :angry2:

I can't blame my router for it this time. It's my connector in my PC. I need to get that sorted out at some point...

My dad told me that the new update on IOS means that it wont let you use third-party chargers.

I downloaded that today, without knowing that fact. My iphone 5 was my aunt's old one. She's told me that its a genuine charger, but its just not working. It did have a few problems before now, but it still WORKED. My phone is on 1% and its my birthday tomorrow, so I won't be able to be contacted by anyone or take photos or anything and its just so ANNOYING.

Twilight_Sparkle_Rapidash.gif

AAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

My dad told me that the new update on IOS means that it wont let you use third-party chargers.

I downloaded that today, without knowing that fact. My iphone 5 was my aunt's old one. She's told me that its a genuine charger, but its just not working. It did have a few problems before now, but it still WORKED. My phone is on 1% and its my birthday tomorrow, so I won't be able to be contacted by anyone or take photos or anything and its just so ANNOYING.

Twilight_Sparkle_Rapidash.gif

AAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Are you talking about the 8.3 update? As far as I'm aware that doesn't affect third party chargers. Quick google search just showed people complaining about the ios 7 update blocking 3rd party chargers, but I use them fine and I'm on 8.2 atm.

I'd try restarting the phone or maybe using a different plug socket, my phone sometimes doesn't charge unless I ram it in for some reason (I've got a 1 year old 5s). If you want to get a sturdy charger (not apple's own ones as they're so thin) the phone shop 3 do a really really thick cable one that's perfect and is the same price. It's worth the money to keep the phones battery as good as possible.