Rant

Theme Park bloke

You okay Matt?  Don't be hard on yourself - everyone has a past or things they have done which they regret (heck I feel I'm the expert on that some times with some of the situations I've got myself into) but you have to remember what is done is done - you can't rewrite your past, but move on and learn from it.  We all make mistakes, do things we later regret, say things we shouldn't etc - it's what makes us human.  Chin up Creek!

I'm not too bad thanks Han.

Think I'm just going through a stressful phase right now, having like loads of deadlines approaching in the following week, amongst keepying my jobs going, non work uni commitments and finding work in the real world which is an ongoing thing right now. 

There's lots of other things happening too which I can't say, but safe to say it's all starting to build up a bit now and is making systems ocassionly hit over ride. Which could be something as simple as parents having a rant about something or ''Mr X has said this;;. It just builds up and I just get stressed over things more than I should with ocassional feeling of anxiety or not giving  one.

Somedays I'm like, I feel amazing, others like, today is hell.

I hope things get better for you.  Sounds like you have a lot going on right now with work and Uni - stress and anxiety are horrible things to deal with so just make sure you look after yourself.  And think of all positive things you have coming up to look forward to.  Hopefully the good days will over take the bad ones.  If you need to vent or anything feel free to drop me a message.

My own mini rant -

My neighbour has recently started putting his TV up REALLY loud - I mean, I am pretty deaf and even I can tell what he is watching on the television.  It got so bad earlier I was tempted to plug my electric violin into my amp and rock out some cruddy tunes but I frankly couldn't be bothered to attempt to find where the hell I stored my amp.  He also keeps slamming his doors - his car door and front door - but for some reason he slams his front door twice.  I have come to a conclusion that he is either have a mid life crisis or has some form of weird door slamming OCD

You've just described my neighbour to a t as you know, just replace the TV with stereo system, she's going through a bit of a crisis too, her husband walked out on her, but I guess that's what happens when you sleep around. She's fast loosing any goodwill with the other neighbours too as a result of the door slamming and really really loud sex at 3am (my neighbours sister can hear her, and she lives 300 yards down the road).

Before anybody here calls me a prude, nobody is complaining about the sex, just the volume it's conducted at at 3am, bite the pillow if it's that good...

I really wish Thorpe would reconsider scrapping Summer Nights :lol:

Summer Nights were SO good - I really hope TP reconsider but I won't be holding my breath.

Wow your neighbour sounds delightful! Although mine is royally cheesing me off recently he has got nothing on my sisters neighbour - the woman I think is a few fries short of a happy meal. The daughter is worse - slamming doors and banging on the walls at stupid o clock if one of my nephews is making a noise. She lobbed a pair of shoes into my sisters garden in a huff - was shocked to find out that she is 18 as that sort of behaviour you would expect from someone a lot younger. The neighbour is now moaning and demanding my sister and her fiancé buy her a new fence (which she has broken by shoving a load of crud up against it). I think I now know why my sister decided to have a home birth last month!

I used to have a neighbour that literally wouldn't shut up and you just couldn't get away from her, then the one after than wasn't much better and wrote a very strongly worded 2 page double sided letter to me having a go because her cats were popping into my flat now and again - yet when they first started doing it I spoke to her and she said she was fine about it. I was fuming but let it go and a few days later she wrote another essay apologising. I'm fairly sure she was running some sort of "business" from her flat as there were guys coming and going at all hours - that and she didn't work yet drove a nice car and had holidays abroad. The cats used to stink of a really earthy smell which looking back could well have been whacky baccy - was so glad when she moved although I do miss her cats.

Am I the only person who wasn't overly impressed with Summer Nights?

I think it's because I kept loosing my friends (and that would take ages to find out where they were), the heat and the random nose bleed half way through.

I didn't have a nose bleed so I was unaffected by body issues during my trip. I also didn't lose my friends and expected heat during the summer period of the English year.

Am I the only person who wasn't overly impressed with Summer Nights?

I think it's because I kept loosing my friends (and that would take ages to find out where they were), the heat and the random nose bleed half way through.

Yeah a nose bleed won't contribute to a great day out! How many Summer Nights did you go to? I did about 9 last year, a couple the year before and about 7 or 8 in 2013. Thought they were fab especially as I don't deal well with queues.

On 4/25/2016 at 7:05 PM, cianjs said:

The day I broke my nose at Thorpe Park. And to make it sound even worse...it was on Loggers Leap. All the rides were well over 1 hour so me and MilesK decided to ride some of the quieter rides out of mere boredom. Just before the drop, I tried to create the perfect on ride photo pose when I was suddenly jolted by the ride going down. My nose slammed into Miles' back, leaving me with a broken nose and a dent in his back[emoji23][emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One word - OUCH!!! Out of curiosity, did you buy the on ride photo?

On 4/25/2016 at 7:10 PM, MilesK said:

Fun times on Loggers [emoji23] ^

Also, bring back Summer Nights!!! I never got a chance to go [emoji24]

Fun for you maybe haha - did you hear a crunch? 

I'm getting very annoyed at the moment. If I say one bad thing, one thing that's not factually accurate, one thing that's intended to be nice but comes out marginally wrong - I get hammered. A full on, continuous stream of people trying to correct me, trying to put me down when I have just tried to say something positive. 

It's like people enjoy pointlessly picking you up on one word that you said and using it to tear you down.

Anyway, I'm going to take some time out of TPM for a bit because I  don't want to be defending myself. I don't want to find that one post I make results in a stampede of critical comments. I don't want to be on TPM anymore.

Adios. 

18 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

If I say one bad thing ... I get hammered. A full on, continuous stream of people trying to correct me.

Anyway, I'm going to take some time out of TPM for a bit because ... I don't want to be on TPM anymore.

Adios. 

Sorry to hear that. 

If you feel you have an issue with certain member(s), or are receiving some sort of unfair treatment, can I ask that you let us know in some way instead of letting it build up? You can report any content with the little button on a post, or just send any of us a PM and we'll be happy to look at things for you.

I can't say I've seen anything particularly strong of out of order aimed at you, but then there's a lot of posts from a lot of people on here so it won't always get noticed unless you tell us. On the other hand it could be you're being a little over sensitive, so maybe a little break would be a good thing? It's hard to tell without any specifics.

Hope you're back with a 'Hola' soon.

3 hours ago, CharlieN said:

I'm getting very annoyed at the moment. If I say one bad thing, one thing that's not factually accurate, one thing that's intended to be nice but comes out marginally wrong - I get hammered. A full on, continuous stream of people trying to correct me, trying to put me down when I have just tried to say something positive. 

It's like people enjoy pointlessly picking you up on one word that you said and using it to tear you down.

Anyway, I'm going to take some time out of TPM for a bit because I  don't want to be defending myself. I don't want to find that one post I make results in a stampede of critical comments. I don't want to be on TPM anymore.

Adios. 

I understand how you feel, it does seem that people on here get very protective over certain aspects of Thorpe/other parks but to offer some advice, if you enjoy discussing theme parks on here then don't let the minority ruin it for you.

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Do you have a sense of irony Jamie?

You're certainly one to talk about people being defensive of specific parks, you have a sixth sense when people moan about Blackpool...

As with any park, I'll defend them when there is a valid reason to, but BPB at present is just as bad as the other parks operationally and I haven't claimed otherwise.

If you want to read Jamie being critical about Blackpool Pleasure Beach go read his messages about it on Pleasure Beach Experience...

I've often taken the piss about his grumbles on there,

but we are all allowed to voice our opinions on these sites,

that is exactly what they are for surely.

Anything less would be "completely unacceptable".

And Charlie,

fanboys, enthusiasts and coaster geeks (I include myself here) aren't always the easiest of people to get on with,

and are often the best in the world at making mountains out of molehills,

but I wouldn't want to avoid visiting them just to avoid the occasional bitching.

Not exactly a Rant but came out of the Inferno exit through the shop today and saw four boys, who must have been about ten or eleven, being talked to by security. 

According to a member of my family who was standing outside, one tried to smuggle a Nemesis Infenro mug out of the shop, only to put it back seconds later, and they were also calling each other '****ers' and '****ing ****s' really loudly across the shop, and also being rude to staff. Even as I walked past them, I could hear them being cocky to security, telling one to shut up! 

These kids must've only been primary school age (year seven at a stretch) but they had the audacity to do stuff like that! Makes me want to go up to them, throttle them and tell them to bloody grow up! At least I have respect for my elders! 

33 minutes ago, lewumbrajumbos said:

High Jeans? Tight belts? Tucked in shirts? Slicked back hair? Too much tan? just as a guess lmao

All in tracksuits, and the really chavvy kind. Had that banger of a haircut that every year six boy strives to have, wet looked gel roughly pulled into a spike in the middle. 

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

According to a member of my family who was standing outside, one tried to smuggle a Nemesis Infenro mug out of the shop, only to put it back seconds later, and they were also calling each other '****ers' and '****ing ****s' really loudly across the shop, and also being rude to staff. Even as I walked past them, I could hear them being cocky to security, telling one to shut up!

1 hour ago, lewumbrajumbos said:

High Jeans? Tight belts? Tucked in shirts? Slicked back hair? Too much tan? just as a guess lmao

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

All in tracksuits, and the really chavvy kind. Had that banger of a haircut that every year six boy strives to have, wet looked gel roughly pulled into a spike in the middle. 

This. This perfectly wraps up most kids in Britain that age in a nutshell tbh. :glare:

Not every kid that age is a ***** (edit the word I typed rhymes with trick).

I blame both the parents and the schools, the schools for teaching them immediately they enter infant school that they are an individual and nobody can tell them what to do, and the parents for not calling that bull**** for what it is.  Got plenty of them round here, schools hate them because they can't do nothing about them (pretty sure I've already said if I spoke to anybody in school like that at their age it was straight to the headmasters office for ten strips of the cane) and the parents couldn't give a crap cos they're only interested in EastEnders or Corrie.

8 hours ago, Whatever said:

Whenever I go down South from where I live, I can't believe people still wear track suits. I thought they went out with burberry shirts and caps but no apparently not.