Stealth

Dan_Rush

How odd I could have sworn it used to be launched with and brace yourselves. A bit weird that 3 of us all thought the same thing.

To be fair, Stealth is a bit of a fast-paced ride so I guess it'd be easy to get a bit disorientated almost and get the announcements mixed up. Easy, and apparently common, mistake to make :P

• 3 weeks later...

1 train op strikes again. A multimillion pound company should not be running rides on half capacity at any time. Give the guests a better experience and make the queues non existent. For a park focusing on improving guest experience this is not the way forward, and if this is down to them thinking reserve and ride will solve the problem they have another thing coming.

Pah, let me show you!

This was in June, on a thursday. Rush had a queue of '5 minutes'. The park was running one train on everything but the swarm, and saw broke down around 3. The only rides that had no queues were slammer and X, but everything else after midday had at least 45 minutes.

0011ce02f4a33b43e8a70cb8afa96aa6.pngStealth's queue was pretty poor too. They forget to set up the extensions when it's at the most important times sometimes..

It was quiet, but Stealth needed two trains as it opened late and had big queues til close.

The unfortunate way Merlin parks are run. Once the budget for the day is decided and commited to they can't just swap between 1/2 train operation on a whim. It needs a minimum of 2 extra staff and more on top of that to cover all the staff breaks and finding that at 1:30/2pm is near-on impossible with the day already in full swing so to speak. Either that or engineering just couldn't get 2 trains ready because one was being worked on and not in an operating condition at the time.

I'm not excusing, just explaining.

The unfortunate way Merlin parks are run. Once the budget for the day is decided and commited to they can't just swap between 1/2 train operation on a whim. It needs a minimum of 2 extra staff and more on top of that to cover all the staff breaks and finding that at 1:30/2pm is near-on impossible with the day already in full swing so to speak. Either that or engineering just couldn't get 2 trains ready because one was being worked on and not in an operating condition at the time.

I'm not excusing, just explaining.

Seeing as thorpe park charge such ridiculously high prices and charge you for fastrack and parking as well, this is not justified. Thorpe know that if they do 1train operation then queues are going to match those on a normal weekend. It is ridiculous and thorpe should be bringing the right amount of staff and engineers for maximum operations. If a train is broken, then that is acceptable but a train not being on the circuit because thorpe park can't be arsed to pay any extra money to staff members is NOT acceptable and needs to be fixed.

Thing is, if people keep returning or guest levels remain the same, the park won't act to change what they perceive as working. Park looks popular with medium length queues, fastrack levels are steady, lord knows how many 'HAVIN A GREAT DAY WITH MY BAE' Thorpe Park now retweets at me these days.

Only way around it is is to vote with your feet, visit Europa Park instead.

I don't have a problem with them running 1 train on rides when the parks quiet enough most parks do it and - 10/15 min queues are perfectly acceptable - it becomes more of a problem when the parks busier than expected and for whatever reason they are not able to add the 2nd train causing queues to become quite some length.

1 train op should never happen. 0-5minute queues are better than 15-20minutes. If you had 0 queues people would spend more times in shops so more money and people wont be robbed for fastrack. They will be more likely to return and guest experince will be improved. Alton very rarley do 1 train, I'm sure europa never do 1 train, nor disney or cedar point. If they want to be good then 1 train op with 45 min queues need to stop.

1 train op should never happen. 0-5minute queues are better than 15-20minutes. If you had 0 queues people would spend more times in shops so more money and people wont be robbed for fastrack. They will be more likely to return and guest experince will be improved. Alton very rarley do 1 train, I'm sure europa never do 1 train, nor disney or cedar point. If they want to be good then 1 train op with 45 min queues need to stop.

DAMN YOU ALPENEXPRESS!

^^Comparing Thorpe's operations to the likes of Europa and Cedar Point seems a bit unfair in my opinion.  Yes, they have great operations, but they are very different parks to Thorpe run in a different style of company.  The comparison to Towers though is spot on.

It certainly seems like Thorpe need more engineers and/or a bigger engineering budget, taking into consideration Fish's early closure.  1 train operations shouldn't be happening at a park like Thorpe, which is one of the most popular in the UK and rarely has very quiet days.  Or maybe there needs to be a slight change in philosophy:  a 15 minute queue with one train on an off peak is not good enough - especially since a 15 minute queue on one train feels a lot longer than a 15 minute queue with two trains.  

Whatever it is that's making one train operation a regularity, Thorpe/Merlin need to sort it out.  I can understand the reasons behind it happening sometimes, but not all the time..