Coupons/Tickets

bubbly

Just like with all gimmicks that companies do like this, the website will definitely 100% crash for most people buying and it won't be a case of who was on the webpage for hours, but just shire luck, leaving more people disappointed and not wanting to visit Thorpe for doing stuff like this than those that did get the cheap tickets. Happened so many times before e.g. - CitizenM Hotels

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out a total scam imho and has ruined their PR, especially as TP are ignoring those on twitter complaining. At 10:00:01 when the box popped up I immediately entered the code then clicked submit (Bearing in mind I am doing this at ultimate speed). Box disappears. Nothing... Then box reappears with 'Submit your details page' - So I thought I had got it, but still entered my info extremely quick (<10 sec). Then get a 'Sorry you're too late page'. I was thinking, what the hell, I wasn't too late, it's your stupid systems for presenting me with a blank page for 5 minutes then giving the submit your info box. Ugh, not happy.

Tickets were on sale at 9:50 am and sold out by 9:55am- It's an absolute joke and just furthers the fact that thorpe park don't care about customer satisfaction.

It was simply a massive con to get your details so they can bombard you with promotional emails in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Tickets were on sale at 9:50 am and sold out by 9:55am- It's an absolute joke and just furthers the fact that thorpe park don't care about customer satisfaction.

It was simply a massive con to get your details so they can bombard you with promotional emails in the future.

It turned out a total scam imho and has ruined their PR, especially as TP are ignoring those on twitter complaining. At 10:00:01 when the box popped up I immediately entered the code then clicked submit (Bearing in mind I am doing this at ultimate speed). Box disappears. Nothing... Then box reappears with 'Submit your details page' - So I thought I had got it, but still entered my info extremely quick (<10 sec). Then get a 'Sorry you're too late page'. I was thinking, what the hell, I wasn't too late, it's your stupid systems for presenting me with a blank page for 5 minutes then giving the submit your info box. Ugh, not happy.

Maybe you were just a little to slow ;) 

Maybe you were just a little to slow ;)

It's nothing to do with being too slow, it's to do with the fact that thorpe park false advertised to all their customers about the starting time of the promotion- I would be very surprised if this scam doesn't get taken to trading standards.

It's nothing to do with being too slow, it's to do with the fact that thorpe park false advertised to all their customers about the starting time of the promotion- I would be very surprised if this scam doesn't get taken to trading standards.

tumblr_n7d2bhjXqw1smcbm7o1_250.gif

I'm thanking Thorpe for giving me so much entertainment today. People asking for compensation. They owe you nothing. 

It was a mistake.

I'm not sure I fully buy into the story that it was a "technical error". Some people are claiming that they bought tickets at 9:30-9:50(obviously they could be lying/over exaggerating) however there is evidence to show the tickets were sold out by 9:54, meaning they had to be released by about 9:52 LATEST. I really can't see how a "technical error" would result in the tickets releasing at least 8 minutes early (a technical error would mean they would be more likely to be released late) and their excuse about the tickets being released 2-3 mins early due to a technical fault doesn't coincide with the fact that tickets were sold out by 9:54.

We cannot actually confirm either that they released the indicated amount of tickets, however we wouldn't be able to confirm that even if they had gone on sale at 10 am like advertised. I can just feel where the majority of the GP are coming from though, the promotion was to release at 1871 tickets at 10 am and that didn't happen, so did they really stick to the conditions of their promotion? And then to have your email and postcode robbed by them so they can sell it off to other companies and bombard you with spam emails(because they conveniently had the box ticked when filling out the form) is hardly fair considering they didn't actually stick to the terms and conditions of their promotion.

Your email and postcode were not robbed by them, you put them in yourself and sent off the form. If you didn't read all of what you were agreeing to then that's your own fault and they have every right to bombard you with spam etc.

This whole thing is just a mass overreaction by the general public, it's really great fun.

Since most people knew about this deal and most say they always visit the park, they either have an annual pass or book online (even the vouchers require an email address) and the park already has your email...

For an offer like this anyone who tried to log at at 10am sharp run a huge risk of not getting them anyway, since most peoples emails run for about a minute it would have sold out by late 10.01am anyway. If you were that desperate you'd have the page open earlier than 10, end of the day 1871 people got tickets, good on them for thinking ahead and I hope Thorpe stick closely to their guns on this. IF they feel they need to do something then just take the first 1871 from 10am and contact them.

Chessington opened a few minutes earlier last weekend, I'm started to think I should of waited outside.