The Swarm

JoshC.

I can't find a sample from Charlie to explain what I mean. Even thought the end product can sound entirely different, the beginning sound can be the exact same. I work in music and sound production & as part of some of the commercially released tracks I've written, I've done this before. I've used a base sample and applied different effects to get 2 completely different "end sounds" - The Charlie sound could be the original one and the Swarm sound could be that sound with distortion, bit crushing, octave bender and some kind of pitch alter to make the sound we recognise as the Swarm sound. However, I will hold my hands up and say that even though I know the characteristics to recognise with these techniques, I've not heard the 2 sounds simultaneously to be able to tell for sure. So maybe some-one can help out?

I'm going to Thorpe on Friday and am so so exited! Never been before and the swarm was the driving force behind going. Just looks immense. However after seeing a couple of comments about it being closed down for fire elements I'm now really worried. Does anyone know when they are going to do this?

The people this rumour came from also said that the paint shed was the fire effects, so I dont think that it will actually happen seeing as the effects are already installed. Even if they do close the swarm, it definitely won't be on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Oh and have fun on Friday ;)

I highly doubt Thorpe will close the ride to test effects... They'll work them during closed hours...

Again... The park is not that stupid to close their major new addition that everyone will run to so they can get the fire effects (which whilst may well make a difference are not that necessary atm) working... Or indeed turning them on...

Took my second visit of the season today (first being opening day) and was pleased to see the whole area was pretty much exactly how it was when it first opened. Was pleasantly surprised to see all the effects and audio triggers working and up to scratch. I know its only been a few months, but realistically I wasn't expecting the chopper to be leaking anymore, or the plane wing to be smoking etc. And yet they were.

Still no sign of Fire, LED's and On-Board video. But it definitely doesn't take anything away from the experience. And my only other problem was that it ran with one train all day, so the queue was unnecessarily 20 minutes at times, despite the park being absolutely dead. If there's problems with the other train at times, as others have suggested, this could become a big problem during peak times...

Still no sign of Fire, LED's and On-Board video. But it definitely doesn't take anything away from the experience. And my only other problem was that it ran with one train all day, so the queue was unnecessarily 20 minutes at times, despite the park being absolutely dead. If there's problems with the other train at times, as others have suggested, this could become a big problem during peak times...

If it really was 'absolutely dead' then it was probably cost saving or something, considering the other changes Merlin have made this season. Or they could be taking advantage of the quiet days to be doing some necessary maintenance. A number of possibilities, frustrating when you're there I know but during those really dead days it's fairly understandable I guess...

Great to see the park maintaining all the effects, the fountains and audio triggers really do improve the experience leaps and bounds.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/249725/Jenny-Thompson-Ride-was-better-than-Wayne-Rooney/

According to this Daily Star article ( :P ), The Swarm is 'a better ride' than Wayne Rooney, according to a prostitute...

Said article also says riding roller coasters can reduce stress and make people sexually aroused and even have orgasms...

So come on, own up, who's had a coastergasam?