The Swarm

JoshC.

The fire effects have already been tested I think? They're just waiting for the 'final seal of approval' as it were from H&S. Unless they have to make changes, then they won't need any further testing. And as Benin said, any testing of fire effects would be done during closed hours.

Rode Swarm 3 times today, my first ride was rather uncomfortable due to the rain but I still enjoyed it. It doesn't feel half as fast as it is, but it is a very fun ride. Not amazing but by no means terrible. The You Me At Six song really creates a good atmosphere as you walk ono the island, but as others have said it does feel very open and isn't totally immersive. Still no fire effects.

I developed a little bit of a schoolgirl crush on one of the ride ops, I can't remember his name though :)

Lewish, could have been Harry as he was one of only one of the two guys working on The Swarm yesterday. Harry was the blonde one but I can't remember the others' name :)

I love that rain announcement but it is correct, the ride IS uncomfortable in heavy rain- mainly because of water flying in your face.

To be fair, the vast majority of the rides have weather announcements. Colossus has two for example, one with a precautionary warning the ride may shut-down due to be affected by adverse weather and the other being a shut-down due to the weather. You will also find one on Stealth which advises it will be uncomfortable to ride and if you do not wish to ride please stand aside and allow others to continue forward.

Colossus Shutdown Possible

Colossus - Weather Shutdown

Just to go a little off track here, but still on topic.. I rode Charlie & The Chocolate Factory at Alton Towers the other week (stay with me!) and during the start of the ride, you go through the factory gates.... The sound that the gates make sound uncannily the same as the Swarm Sound (just without the effects, distortion and delay added to the end)... Have Merlin reused ANOTHER sound for a ride like they did for Depth Charge / The Flume?