The Swarm

JoshC.

See, this is what I don't get about Merlin. They invest a lot of money into the fire effect, something that will cost a lot of money for years to come, they add these bag rooms which cost more to run then lockers and a storage area on ride platforms and yet we have to see parts of the park closed at the beggining of off peak days or skyrides closed all day at Alton. It's absolutely barmy.

See, this is what I don't get about Merlin. They invest a lot of money into the fire effect, something that will cost a lot of money for years to come, they add these bag rooms which cost more to run then lockers and a storage area on ride platforms and yet we have to see parts of the park closed at the beggining of off peak days or skyrides closed all day at Alton. It's absolutely barmy.

Not to mention Sub Terras 2nd improvement which almost doubles the amount of staffing on there.

Completely barmy, but they do like experiences when they're open..

With UK Health and Safety I'm sure everything has been considered, it's most likely just the angle of the camera which makes it look much closer to the track than it really is.

True. Plus with the water effect the towers over the fire engine, I dont think the flame will get to high up, because it should be put out within seconds

To all those worrying about the closeness of the fire...

A video of it in action, it will go off when the train flys overhead

I assume that would mean the zero-g roll, which is more or less above the engine. Thus, no worrys about getting burnt. Should look very nice from onride if that's the case!

No fire or LEDs this morning but there was a reference to the fireball on News 16 that I'd never heard before. Someone called up and were talking to the host about how the fireball lit up their house so maybe this has been added into the video as the fire is hopefully going to go live soon.

No fire or LEDs this morning but there was a reference to the fireball on News 16 that I'd never heard before. Someone called up and were talking to the host about how the fireball lit up their house so maybe this has been added into the video as the fire is hopefully going to go live soon.

Or it was there all the time and you never noticed it? ;)

I tried to take a couple of photos yesterday, don't know how well they've turned out though - will check tonight.

Worth noting that in sunlight, they're hard to notice (as sorta expected I guess). Also, the 3 lights for eyes light up in a sequence, as opposed to all being on constantly.

Double post. :o

Unsurprisingly, the photos I took yesterday don't show the LEDs. Can't wait to see them when it's not sunny; will look so much more effective.

Also, love how the water jets have been increased in power, especially on the helicopter turn around. I knew they'd been turned up a bit, so thought that I'd get a little splash, especially being at the back. I'd have LOVED to seen my face when I realised just how high they were, would have been priceless. I was just shocked till the last inversion from it. Cements the chopper turn as the favourite part of the ride for me, and back-eight as my favourite seat. :D