The Swarm

JoshC.

I just got back, and I got slightly wet from the fire engine. By slightly wet I mean that my hand got wet, but still, it did surprise me!

Great ride though, the first drop is brilliant, and despite the long queues there was a lot of detail in the news reports on the tv's.

There was a great bit in the queue where you go up into the church tower and the ride come through over your head, combined with that earie 'swarm sound'.

Not that we know of - it's just The Swarm Island or Island C (as reference to the name given to the island mass on the MTDP which came to have The Swarm built on it) to most of us on here. Thorpe have already shown they wish to move away from the focus of themed areas, but will continue to theme their rides and at least the surrounding area to create a fair bit of continuity.

Just to mix things up I've decided that from now on all coasters built on reclaimed land shall have that land named in a completely arbitrary manner once the coaster is built and we can no longer refer to it as Island C or whatever. Saw's island is now known as Island Fairy-magical-rainbow-unicorn and Swarm's is Island Swiss-cheese-army-knife-mount-broken-snowboard. :wub:

But for anyone who doesn't want to partake in the new game, Swarm Island will suffice I guess.

I'm pretty sure all of Thorpe Park is reclaimed land so I shall give the main island its name- Island Chav Rehab Centre.

But I think we should stick with Adam's names for SORE- The Headache's island and THE SWARM's too. They will catch on :wub:

Also, I'd rather that The Swarm opened on one train first thing in the morning, because I always sprint there and if it opened late then I would lose my early advantage on the other rides whilst everyone is stuck in a painfully slow queue on The Swarm... *evil laugh*

Does 'THE SWARM' area have a proper name, like lost city or calypso quay?

I dont know if its been taken off or not, but I was reading on one of the ride wiki sites for thorpe, and one of them said that the swarm island is supposed to be based in florida or something, because they mentioned the near by tidal and its amity theme with storm surge fitting into a virginia theme. Dont quote me on that, but someone thinks that its supposed to be american based. I personally disagree and think it looks like a crash scene somewhere, which is what thorpes design team intended to do I reccon :wub:

It most definitely is not not in Florida, or anywhere in the US. The queue line TVs say how there's a crash scene / explosion at Thorpe Park, and have callers from the local area. In other words, it is themed to be in Thorpe Park.

Personally, I'd have loved it if Thorpe put a subtle sign somewhere giving a name of the island, such as 'Now in *insert name here* island' or something. Let the name be two words, and have the two words start with L amd C respectively - Lake Conetina island for example (bad example, but ah well..). Would be a nice touch and make the whole thing that little bit more surreal.

However, having 'The Swarm' written on the charred wood piece on the island entrance suggests they are simply leaving the area to be called 'The Swarm island'.

It most definitely is not not in Florida, or anywhere in the US. The queue line TVs say how there's a crash scene / explosion at Thorpe Park, and have callers from the local area. In other words, it is themed to be in Thorpe Park.

I do agree, ive seen the videos myself. Just thought id point out that someone thinks its got an american theme. I personally dont think it does.

Now this is a rather worrying state of affairs :D

Posted Image

Worrying? Nah, it just shows that thorpe finally have understood the concept of throughputs and quick loading.. ;)

As for the island theme, as JoshC says it specifically mentions thorpe park. So you're at thorpe park, and the swarm has hit there. That's the theme. Still, more theme than pretty much any other ride at thorpey.