Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Well, we more or less know that there's more than one new maze this year.

So, I'm more expecting that to relate to a park-wide theme for FN as opposed to a specific maze. Unless they're going to have individual clues for the new mazes?

Official announcements usually come end of summer / beginning of September (last year, The Passing didn't come about till mid-September?). However, they seem to be upping their game this season for FN, so I'd expect / hope they'd start advertising early.

I really just cannot wait for this year, generally think it is going to be the best year to date. Just think of the IP possibilities and how they seem to be very sure of what they are doing. Already we have seen them listening to fans by increasing maze times to 10, making a preview day (which I for once HOPE will be on a weekend so I can finally go), and already early on teasing us. When I went on facebook and saw 'they're coming', I instantly related to the colour scheme and slogans delivered through the swarm. I would be very, very disappointed if this is all vengeance, would be absolutely terrible as a new scare attraction. I can say now that I am certain a slender maze will NOT happen, although it would be so so intense and truly brilliant and funny to do with friends the space would be limited, they would need to require rights and Lionshead is the only possible IP to return. I would love to see SAW Alive, Asylum and Ex10 return, and see some new, FREE mazes, but judging by the passing sign staying I am sure they will sadly bring that back and use it as a maze :( Park-wide theming would be important I believe, people have asked for long enough and I believe the mazes need a better atmosphere, but based on theming they just havent pulled off the capabilities of their ideas; the prisoners idea was good, but all they delivered were some roaming actors, all too bunched together and not enough of them to be truly scary and some signs saying 'if you see this person do not approach'... Roaming actors is my favourite idea for them, with the right people with the right enthusiasm/scares roaming actors are such a great idea for the park. Clowns are definitely the best idea for theming with a wider variety to choose from, each doing different things/having different ways to scare you. I found when I saw the roaming actors in previous years I shouted 'YES!', as you hardly saw them often but when I did I was very excited to see who they would target/what they would do and when they approached you it was very unnerving and I thought they did a great job... Especially when in 2010 a clown chased me around a carousel! This alone proves that roaming actors alone help you to remember the day and clowns were defeinitely the best idea but they need a whole lot more. I just hope this time they REALLY know what they're doing, the maze is free and that it IS a maze, and preferably an IP one would be even better! I feel fright night really is the time to go to thorpe park, and I myself prefer it to scarefest at AT and just think it truly is brilliant. The one thing I hope is that this teasing will pay off and that it is a maze and not some crappy thing like vengeance or a show or something. Very intrigued to find out more about this 'forget what you knew about FN. Maybe a WHOLE NEW set of mazes (par SAW and the passing)... Just dont be vengeance, oh just dont. I guarantee vengeance will fail. It surpassed as a ride at london dungeons but just isnt scary enough and I feel even if they did change it inside/ make it new mazes/ LIVE actors are just SO much scarier/ more entertaining. Just so excited for tomorrow with this new logo, surely with this 'we cant show you yet' from TP Mania it will reveal new theming/ be linked to the new maze or say something like 'with an all new truly terrifying maze offering what we guarantee is the best horror experience to date' or something, Oh please thorpe park, please pull this off. I really believe this WILL be the best year ever. And I can tell you now what I know about it is truly, truly brilliant but all will be revealed and I can't say ;)

Off topic, but I'm pretty sure your first post is longer than all 118 of my posts :) Welcome to the forums!!!

I have always thought that IP based mazes would be much more scarier and I think that this is the year for it. Dead Silence, Texas Chainsaw, Maybe reroute Saw?, Hostel??? Possibilities are truly endless.

This I know. I was just making a comment.

I don't think the font is Futura. Futura's capital M's have pointed peaks. And the other one has a more curved C.

What am I doing?

Looks like Futura Extra Bold Condensed to me, which has flat peaks on capital M's & N's instead of the pointed peaks used in most other derivatives of Futura.

P00024989.gif

Seems to match up pretty well with the font used in the teaser image.

but I see a lionsgate-based thing arriving at fright night, whether thats linked to saw or something else... So many possibilities

I doubt we'll see any lionsgate related items - I think that tie up has gone now. Just cos they've got SAW doesn't mean they need to use them. Plus, they've done SAW related stuff before and it was boringly crap.

Hopefully dead silence, as long as that doesn't give them an opportunity to have no music or rides running on park ;)