Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

Sidders - absolute loved reading the Slender maze concept! :D

Couple of things though - isn't the route between 2 and 4 crossing over Monk's Walk and off park property? Would mean that, in reality, there would need to be a couple of tweaks to the route. Even if you were to tweak it, maybe so you go around the building where the CCR trains are stored (ie the tankers), then I think the experience would still be pretty darn scary. The torches could possibly utilise Bluetooth technology so they 'work' and 'cut out' at different points in the maze (I believe The Passing used Bluetooth for the sounds inside the helmet, so it's more than achievable) and the maze could be a lot more theatrical than the other mazes. With an appropriate charge and explanation, I reckon it would go down a treat.

Also, I think regardless of what themes the mazes have, having a couple of roaming actors around the park dressed as a character from a maze would be amazing. Imagine that, regardless of the maze, you feel like you're being tormented by a character from it all the time, not just inside the maze, and that there's no escape. It would be great.

Very true there Josh. I completely missed that. The two vehicle are obviously not as big as they appear on that map as they would be in real life, so it wouldn't be too hard to place them along the stretch from points 1 and 2. Then just cut that loop out near 3 and the rest of the route should be fine. I agree with the availability as well. It would be a paid-for maze and would have time slots as well. This would ideally attract the right audience.

All very good news!

Having just the mazes open for the last hour (with maybe a couple of rides is necessary) is actually a really good idea, and would help add to the overall atmosphere I think. I wonder if this means mazes will open at 4pm again?

More dates and the return of the 'preview day' for AP holders is just fantastic. Fright Nights well and truly is, rightly so, the pinnacle of the park's year, so the park should do as much for it as possible, which seems to be the case. Whilst I won't be able to take advantage of any of those extras, it does mean when I do visit - solely for the mazes - that there would have been more time for the mazes to develop and such, which will be good!

And now the wait to see this year's line up!

I was literally just planning a trip with my parents, and a bit gutted not like alton towers with fright nights not being the whole week before the half term - so hopefully they add thursday so I can go thorpe thursday 24th and chessington on the 25th :)

and now I got an annual pass, hopefully I'll be able to make the annual pass event - although I work weekends so doubt I'll be able to go as I'm guessing it would be on a weekend?

EDIT: for once alton was actually doing something better than thorpe :P (although alton did only just change thier decision and stay open til 9 the week before - and now thorpe will be probably adding more dates)

and now I got an annual pass, hopefully I'll be able to make the annual pass event - although I work weekends so doubt I'll be able to go as I'm guessing it would be on a weekend?

Previous events were held on the first Thursday before Fright Nights (so it's quieter, and gives the park a chance to iron things out). I'd expect it to be the same, so probably the 3rd October. :)

In 2011, I think the 'preview day' just more ending up being a day where AP holders didn't have to pay the extra £5 to get in (but I think that you had to book in advance instead). I can't remember how it worked in 2010, but I remember it being very quiet.

I'd expect it to be the same this time around, as it works well. I guess there's a chance it could change though. :P

Do you think the mazes will be free this year or do you think you will have to pay for most of them like at the towers. I think saw alive will defaintely remain as free but the new mazes might be paid

I have heard rumours that there might be a paid one, but I think the majority will be free like Saw Alive.