Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

I sir, strongly disagree with you! If an ip is done right, it can be amazing! Take HHN for instance, nearly all of their mazes are ips and have you seen the ratings they get!

Universal has a budget that Thorpe Park can only dream of. How can Thorpe Park pull IPs off like them? They can't, really. Besides with a Slender theme, the whole point of the game is that you are alone, with nobody else. Silence and the bass drones are what makes the game suspenseful, and with friends talking to each other, the atmosphere would be lost entirely.

Am I the only one who thought Saw Alive was done amazingly? The only thing it lacks is actor enthusiasm!

For a passive scare attraction, it's not bad. However Thorpe need more active attractions for the target market of Fright Nights.

I don't think they should make a game or movie based maze because they can't be creative and there are only a certain number of things they can do

I wouldn't be so certain, With IP's it's always contracted from both sides, generally speaking in Theme Park's, the contract will have stated that it must be done to the supplier/owner of the IP's standards.

So for instance - Let's say that the rumours are true and that there is an I.P to FN to give it a whole new vibe, Thorpe would sit down with that I.P discuss the different options to have then individually go through each idea and discuss for example:

1. What the benefits of 'X' idea is,
  2. How creative 'X' idea could be,
  3. Does 'X' idea suit the target market
  4. Does 'X' idea have a theme that can be referenced to 'Fright Nights'
  5. If 'X' idea is to be carried out where would 'X' idea go, how long would it be, what layout should it be, what areas of the story should 'X' idea be focussed on
  6. A lot more options/ideas of 'X' idea - variations of the story/theme etc

When they have finalised their concept of 'X' idea they would forward it on to the IP supplier, who will say yes or no - Also, it will likely be a case of 'We like this idea, however can you incorporate this into it somewhere, perhaps in this 'Y' location or this 'Z' location.

So in essence, the creativity is beyond anyone's imagination, and strangely enough if it was Lionsgate who have been brought in, they have a long list of films they can put forward as ideas. Also note that they are one of the most twisted distributors of horror films currently in existence. To me they are the best people who could of been approached, after the likes of SAW The Ride + Saw Alive.

Some for example, as already mentioned and hinted at are: Dead Silence, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Possession.

Just done some research, and Lionsgate as a company have distributed over 450 films since 1967, which the full list can be viewed here:

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0060306/

Thorpe park will most be using IP's and certainly lion gates, does this mean though that they have extended their contract with the company? please correct me if I am wrong, but I swear the their contract with Lions gate was almost ending? Looking at the link R1C4Y posted of the Lionsgate films, there are so many exiting options possible. Also thorpe park would be the olny halloween event in the uk to use Horror movie, based mazes ! All makes perfect sense !

Now that I think about it doesn't maze's like Curse or Se7en when is was still there and on the beach) damage the floor? I know they have rubber pads to remove the impact of the building themselves but the queue lines always have those type of fences that seem like they would damage the floor?

The floor is concrete, the queue line barriers where made of a soft metal ( I think they were aluminium) so they aren't hard enough to damage the floor, as for the mazes themselves they where put on wooden frames whih where on stilts which as you said, are on rubber anti-grips so the worst that can happen is a few black smudges, which doesn't matter as the beach is repainted every year :)

Sidders - absolute loved reading the Slender maze concept! :D

Couple of things though - isn't the route between 2 and 4 crossing over Monk's Walk and off park property? Would mean that, in reality, there would need to be a couple of tweaks to the route. Even if you were to tweak it, maybe so you go around the building where the CCR trains are stored (ie the tankers), then I think the experience would still be pretty darn scary. The torches could possibly utilise Bluetooth technology so they 'work' and 'cut out' at different points in the maze (I believe The Passing used Bluetooth for the sounds inside the helmet, so it's more than achievable) and the maze could be a lot more theatrical than the other mazes. With an appropriate charge and explanation, I reckon it would go down a treat.

Also, I think regardless of what themes the mazes have, having a couple of roaming actors around the park dressed as a character from a maze would be amazing. Imagine that, regardless of the maze, you feel like you're being tormented by a character from it all the time, not just inside the maze, and that there's no escape. It would be great.

(I believe The Passing used Bluetooth for the sounds inside the helmet...)

From what I remember they had ipod nanos tucked into little slots in the helmets, and had two tiny speaker in there. I remember the ipod, coz when they put it on my head, it fell out of its pouch and they then gave me a new helmet. Was nice ti see how they did it, but annoying they could think of a better methid of hiding the system.

I think if you were to make a Slender maze a charged attraction, and restrict it to groups of 8 (maximum), you would get people who would be in the 'right' frame of mind to play along with the attraction, so keep quiet and such, whilst still allow for maximum scares. It could be pulled off quite well with a 'tour guide' who has become crazy due to seeing Slenderman so often, so every time someone talks / larks about, he could become very agitated and scary in themselves, and then Slenderman himself and do what he does best.

It wouldn't be easy to pull off, and is probably a bit too idealistic to pull off in reality, but I certainly think it is achievable.

With it being a paid attraction I see how that could help the maze, although I'd rather not pay, if I did I would want the most out of the experience and I'm sure that's the same with everyone! So joking around would be minimal and the maze would be taken more seriously

(I believe The Passing used Bluetooth for the sounds inside the helmet...)

From what I remember they had ipod nanos tucked into little slots in the helmets, and had two tiny speaker in there. I remember the ipod, coz when they put it on my head, it fell out of its pouch and they then gave me a new helmet. Was nice ti see how they did it, but annoying they could think of a better methid of hiding the system.

Sounds a pretty expensive way of doing it!!!!!!!! Surprised people didnt realise and steal them. I still think the sounds ruined the maze a bit though. There are definitely things they could do to improve the passing this year. Split up groups would help and I think it would be quite interesting if one tunnel had partial sight and the other had no sight at all. Could make the maze interesting. Unrealistic I guess though :(

I hope we see a generic, Fright Nights teaser video, such as:

http://www.youtube.com/v=EHEffRIyfiU

or

http://www.youtube.com/v=9LNnTMoa5ig

I'd prefer it if we didn't get individual teasers for the mazes, as in recent years they've showed inside the maze, which I feel kinda spoils it. However, if they were to do ones a bit like Passing's, which sets up a story or something, I'd be happy!

(EDIT: How do I embed Youtube videos? I can never get it to work?! :S )