Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

^ Thanks, but why was that deleted?

And another one was earlier in this topic, I gave constructive criticism about somebodies Slender Maze idea, but that was also deleted.

There is no reason given by the moderator/admin who deleted your post, the same with the other posts that were deleted. I can't find your other deleted post either.

Sorry about that Altitude, as a rule, if any member of the moderator team deletes a post, they are supposed to either give a reason in the topic or contact the member as to why a post was deleted.

I really don't think giving the Fright Nights event a revamp is a bad idea at all. The event has remained relatively the same since it was first introduced.

Be good to see them maybe try something a little different (That is if they deliever on their promises) ^_^

The font used in the logo has a very B-Movie horror style to it, which suggests to me that FN isn't trying to be as scary as it used to pretend to be, instead its seems there going for a more light hearted scariness for the event itself, whether this carries over to the mazes remains to be seen, personally I'd love a silly B-Movie style maze, but that's just me.

no way will TP make fright night more light-hearted. They are the thrill capital and want to make sure it is scary. They wouldn't use a massive new investment plan for a tamer fright night. No way.

Thorpe are changing their branding to a more family friendly and inviting brand, the thrill capital stuff is pretty much out of the window. Also, just because something is becoming more light hearted doesn't mean it would become any less scary. FN can be funny and scary in equal measures.

^ This is all speculation, I very much doubt they are toning the scares down for 2013 at least due to the fact they released information as such in a couple of areas:

Beware of what hides in the shadows as the UK’s most chilling Halloween event is revamped by some of the best minds in horror entertainment

I doubt they would go full out with 'the best minds in horror entertainment' to then go, well we want a family friendly park so we are working with the best minds but we aren't going to use that against you.

thorpe park is the only park that can pull off an overly scary halloween event - people with kids can go to chessington or legoland for these events. and alton towers has to appeal to everyone so can't be too scary. so although thorpe are trying to get families back into the park, can imagine them excluding families from the event making it clear about not recommended for under (insert age), and making this the scariest event yet, as lets be honest it's only for a few weeks / weekends of the year, would only be fair for the people wanting a proper scare/thrill as it's potentially the only park that can pull it off!

massive letdown if they are aiming to reduce the scare factors tbh. They will not do it though lets be honest, no way.

I never suggested that they were toning down the scare factor, I'm sure the mazes will try as hard as they always have to be scary, I just think the actual event itself will have a more light hearted tone, inline with Scarefest at Alton Towers (Obviously not as child friendly as Scarefest though)

Never take anything in a graphic or logo at face value, every single part of the logo could be alluding to a part of the event, its certainly going to be interesting to see how this develops!

This is very true, however this is Thorpe we are talking about. The slash just implies violent and dangerous things.

Anyone else felt like they took inspiration from the Psycho logo...

215px-Psycho_(1960).jpg

As for the new logo, I do like it, but I can't help but prefer the older logo (though I guess that could be down to being used to the old one). The new logo makes me think more of a slasher horror film, whereas the other one made me think more of a climatic horror film; though I somewhat doubt that will reflect in the style of mazes we see this year.

I expect we'll see more teasers / a full reveal this week. Two FB statuses in two days followed by a couple of weeks of nothing would be peculiar social media-ing. Can't wait to see what is up their sleeves!

Anyone else felt like they took inspiration from the Psycho logo...

215px-Psycho_(1960).jpg

As for the new logo, I do like it, but I can't help but prefer the older logo (though I guess that could be down to being used to the old one). The new logo makes me think more of a slasher horror film, whereas the other one made me think more of a climatic horror film; though I somewhat doubt that will reflect in the style of mazes we see this year.

I expect we'll see more teasers / a full reveal this week. Two FB statuses in two days followed by a couple of weeks of nothing would be peculiar social media-ing. Can't wait to see what is up their sleeves!

I was think more the twisted pictures logo, the logo is swarmed with barbed wire then release to give a torn/slashed feel:

twisted+pictures.png

Please say they bring back week nights when the park is pretty much dead.

And the one thing that I think stands out for FN is that the actors touch you making the experience a lot more scary unlike the states were it is just a jump scare and going back to hiding in the mazes. At HHN for example.