Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

^ To be honest Valhalla is proof that a dark ride doesn't need to cost £50 million to be amazing!

I would not be against an investment of £15 - 20 million on a dark ride if it was really good, and preferably with a bit of a ride thrown in as well.

These dark ride rumours are new to me #FeelLeftOut

Also just throwing it out there, a dark ride could go on an island, if the ride is perhaps in the centre and created a frontage around it. Anybody seen that new Ratatouille ride at Walt Disney Studios in Paris? Yes, Disney budget I know, but concept it; as long as you kept pathways close to the lake edges, and created a ride towards the centre you could 'cover the backend' of the building.

Falling on from that, the only dark ride rumours I've actually heard are the murmurs of a 'Sub Terra' style attraction for Swarm. But I think thats more sourced from the alleged ex-London Dungeons rides (aka Extremis, Vengeance) being in storage somewhere at the park.

Maus au Chocolat is the only good dark ride I've been on. Phantasialand clearly threw a pretty penny Euro at it though, and all Merlin's one's have practically identical themes with the exception of Hex and possibly Charlie.

To be fair, Merlin have only technically built one dark ride in Sub Terra... Which is actually of quite a decent quality when you think about it (internal theming is pretty good, externally, not so much)...

Let's rephrase that for MY perspective!...

...SOMEONE GET THIS MAN ON HELIX! :P

In two weeks I'm getting an hour worth of ERT on it... #smugface

I dont think bulking up the girder will make any difference, I expect it dont vibrate so much more because it dont really do much, Baco is smooth when its on the launch too!

That's because it's moving in a straight line... It's when it does anything else that it goes wrong...

It looks so DULL...

I don't like the new fad of sticking some screens around and you then have a dark ride... It just looks so damn cheap...

Don't mind it if the screens are hidden/themed/etc, like on Huntik, Thor's Hammer and the like, but that ride does not interest me at all...

• 3 weeks later...

If Thorpe do go for the Darkride I would love to see a ride like 'The Haunted House' at Alton Towers mixed with 'Wicked Witches Haunt',because reading up on it it had a Giant included in  it and some really clever elements so if Thorpe go that direction I hope They make it a Haunted House so really Gothic and creepy and have a good soundtrack to go with it I'm thinking IMA Score  ;), so my dream dark ride tbh. 

• 1 month later...