Summer Nights

MarkC

I went to a few Summer Nights and the earlier ones were definitely quieter (which was handy as I paid £15 for the first one before I got my pass) - even when they started getting a bit busier they were still really good value for money - really pleased they are returning next year :D

The ones towards the end seemed a bit busier - they cant of been to disappointed at how they went to add all the extra dates though.

But if we want this to be a regular thing (as in, every day of Summer with all rides operating as normal operating hours, which is what I would guess is the dream end game), then it needs to draw a decent amount of crowds (as in, not CrashPad or enthusiasts)... A couple of thousand would be a good start per night...

It's certainly not a bad thing it's being expanded, but you just have to hope that the event is a success beyond enthusiasts loving it due to being able to gain high ride counts...

But if we want this to be a regular thing (as in, every day of Summer with all rides operating as normal operating hours, which is what I would guess is the dream end game), then it needs to draw a decent amount of crowds (as in, not CrashPad or enthusiasts)... A couple of thousand would be a good start per night...

It's certainly not a bad thing it's being expanded, but you just have to hope that the event is a success beyond enthusiasts loving it due to being able to gain high ride counts...

The event was advertised as having zero queues which I am sure the majority would agree with, it did. The park realised that for its trial that it was never going to be amazingly busy. It must have done something right for it to return next year. Therefore we can probably conclude there will be changes to the way the event is organised and run.

• 1 month later...

When I went to this it was honestly the greatest experience I had ever had at the park. It helped that it was the first time I had been in the dark but it was the also the first Summer Nights event meaning that there were very small amounts of people around meaning we got a ton of rides in! Also the staff seemed so much happier and livelier whilst we were there!

There were two particular events that just made this amazing for me, firstly we went on Tidal Wave and were basically the only ones there and the staff were joking around with us. The water was soooooo cold! We came back from the first drop and they jokingly said that we could go again and we jokingly protested but round again we went and then back we came and again they sent us around saying 3 times is good luck! It was all in good spirits though :P The other event was on X where the guy at the ride station was just generally really happy and friendly, we kept going back on to see him again and he was just happy to see us every time XD Then later he and this woman switched places so he was manning items and as we came off he let us through the other 'secret' doors to go straight back to the station and ride again! :D

This was such a great event and I will definitely be there again and since I have a pass now hopefully more than once!

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the double post but it's news so I think it's acceptable :P

Tickets are now available for this years event! Pretty early to be honest but I doubt many people will buy them right now anyway, once again all the coasters are open but they haven't said which other rides will be open yet so I'm looking forward to hearing about what will be open alongside the coasters (Please something different from Storm Surge this time! :P)

I hope this years event is just as popular as last years on the first 2 days and by that I mean I hope not too many people go as it was so peaceful on the first day :)

Quick question by the way, if purchasing the annual pass price tickets do you have to prove you have a pass when purchasing or do you just show a pass to get the tickets on the day? I ask because I bought a pass but won't collecting it until June to give it 6 months from then rather than have it now but not use it since school is still going on and I'd like to buy the tickets sooner rather than later just to be certain.

Link to buy tickets if you want too: http://www.thorpepark.com/summer-nights/

• 3 months later...

Awfully confused at this now. Thorpe have changed summer nights to 7pm-10pm instead of 7:30pm-10:30pm. I can't understand this as during the summer holidays there are at least 20/30min queues at 7pm. Doesn't this mean there will be a massive confusion between summer nights pass holders and non-summer nights? It also means that people who are at summer nights are gonna have to wait for ages for their first rollercoaster.

Seems like a weird way to continue this seeing as it worked so well last year...