Reserve n Ride

Marc

Yes, but I was asking a valid question. They have been refusing to answer what happens if you don't have a smart phone for weeks. Also I'm not moaning at them any more, due to the lack of activity on here today I decided that I would just discuss it with the general public. There were a lot of complaints from yesterday. 

It seems to be working better today, still the same problems as yesterday just on a smaller scale. They have also taken the very wise move in ignoring me on twitter. 

People would be more likely to take your feedback on board if it was slightly more constructive, instead of arrogant and very "I'm an enthusiast therefore I know what's best"...

WOULD PEOPLE SPELL TRIAL CORRECTLY PLEASE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

The lack of correct spelling on this place at times...

Your/you're is the biggest one that gets my proverbial goat around here ;) That and dropped apostrophes.

Anyway - back to discussion about Reserve and Ride... did people seriously queue (in real life, not virtually) for 4 hours for SAW Alive? That's a horror story in itself without even entering the maze. Precisely why I stay away at peak times, I wouldn't queue 4 hours for anything.

Sounds like the same problems as the early swarm trials. Also judging by social media response it was all the same problems as the previous days but smaller. With fastrack only having to wait 45 minues today rather than the 1 hour 30 minutes of saturday.

Doesnt help with thorpe park supporting groups all reserving different rides and getting on all of them 1 after each other. Read through the comments on facebook and you will see that they support the idea of people doing that. Disgusting in my opinion. Also it seems to be fastrack allocation over fright nights is set at 50:50 from the wording thorpe park were saying today. Not sure if that was a mistake or the real allocation but something to think about none the less.

I am only in favour of it because the majority of the GP didn't have a ****ing clue how to work it because of the lack of inability to read - meaning we could rack up ride/attractions counts, whilst they either queued in the main queue line or stupidly bought fast track. The GP continue to astound me. It started getting a lot busier in the afternoon, so I'm sure I'll be against RnR when customers begin to learn how to use and utilise it effectively.

You probably would have been able to experience all of them with out RnR. It doesn't create time it just lets you wait in a different order. The only way it would allow you to ride more is if people at the beginning of the day were unaware of the RnR system. This would be the only time it would allow you to ride more. So come the full introduction of this those extra rides you got wont exist.

It said 90mins for The Cabin in the woods our party queued 10 mins, Studio 13 had a 120min queue our party 20mins ,My Bloody Valentine 120mins our queue 10mins, Saw Alive 60 mins our queue 0mins. So overall I'm all in favour for RnR it works great and we where left at about 5 pm realising we have done most attractions except Blair Witch and Storm surge. I can not wait untill it becomes Permanent on all Attractions.  

It said 90mins for The Cabin in the woods our party queued 10 mins, Studio 13 had a 120min queue our party 20mins ,My Bloody Valentine 120mins our queue 10mins, Saw Alive 60 mins our queue 0mins. So overall I'm all in favour for RnR it works great and we where left at about 5 pm realising we have done most attractions except Blair Witch and Storm surge. I can not wait untill it becomes Permanent on all Attractions.  

Thing is, if/when it does become permanent, those short queues won't exist, and you'll be left to wander the park for enternity...

It's quite evident that the reasoning that there is such a positive vibe from it, is because not everyone is using it... Though until Thorpe can actually get the system to work reliably (because it clearly didn't this weekend), can they risk trialing it to such an extent?

Oh well, least we don't have to care about that till next year now... That's a positive...

The problem with RnR to me is, Thorpe are trying to implement a system without the proper investment. Look at WDW and 'My Disney Experience', fair enough that project encompasses a hell of a lot more than just ride reservations, but it is a major part of the project which has apparently had in the region of $2.8 billion spent on it. I'm not suggesting that they need to be spending anywhere near that money on it, but if they are serious about implementing it, they need to ensure that it is accessible to all, so not just smartphone users, and also streamlined so it is easy to use.

The simplest way is to tie it directly to your park admission, be it a day ticket or annual pass, all admission has a barcode so these could be scanned to either make or redeem reservations, this would also rule out playing the system for groups reserving multiple attractions at once. So similar to Disney's Fastpass+, they would need to have kiosks around the park (which needn't be anything more than an iPad, which they already use for feedback surveys) to allow for non smartphone users to make reservations and scanners on the 'RnR' entrance at each attraction. Without physical capital expenditure I can't see how they can expect RnR to succeed, without looking like a temporary system.

Of course regardless of all this, they need to either go all in with it or not at all, there's no way the system can work if they have a normal queue, a RnR queue and a Fastrack queue.

• Charmaine Matthews How to beat the system for reserve n ride for a group of you.....Each person can register and then each person reserves a different maze (as you can only reserve one maze at a time)...plan it carefully between you all in your group and can get all the mazes done...We did! fab night!
    Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 00:43

That is from the post about RnR in the comments. To me it seems that they approve of the idea as they didn't condemn it in anyway and instead thanked them.