Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Jesus, if the queue's today are all like 60+ minutes.. I hope they're not like that when I go on wednesday.

I have Director's Cut tho, so maze-wise, I think I'll be okay. Still 60+ for all the main coasters? I know it's half term but honestly, it's a monday, I wasn't expecting that..

EDIT: also, seeing as the "main character" (ie: fornicus, sugarplum fairy, kiko etc) has changed every weekend so far in CITW, does anybody know who's going to feature this half-term week (or specifically Wednesday?).. The whole idea is so cool and I adore the film, so I'd love to know who's in it when I'm going tbh.

I'll be visting the 'Resort' on Sunday, and hoping it won't be too bad. After visting last Saturday, I was thoroughly disappointed with the park and the way they managed everything. The mazes weren't even of a good standard like they were in preview night, the only mazes I can safely say that I enjoy this year which are decent are Cabin in the woods and the Blair Witch Project. Studio 13, MBV and saw alive were just executed very poorly, on preview night I thought studio 13 was a good maze, however after experiencing it again, it was really rushed and was just poor overall. The asylum was much better.

I'm just worried about how fright nights will operate next year, the park is ridiculously busy over fright nights period and you can't go on a day when rides and mazes are under 90minutes. The park should operate an off peak week like the towers do, this would mean people could visit the park on a fairly empty day and would reduce the high volume of people crammed into the park in the half term week. It would also mean the park could have some actual Halloween theming as at the moment the park feels exactly the same as it does during summer nights.

My other concern for next year is what mazes the park are going to operate with. The five which operate at the moment aren't enough to suck up the crowds. Not even mentioning most people will have now experienced the mazes, and if the same ones return next year, the demand for the event will seriously decrease. Studio 13 and MBV will also have to be moved if the planned development is to take place. I'm hoping that all the mazes return this year along with a couple of extra ones, as well as a few shows and things to do around the park. A Halloween show could take place in angry birds 4D, as this is in really low demand during the fright nights season. A couple of staged shows could take place in the dome and near tidal wave(where the stage is placed near the KFC). This would provide a good 10 horror experiences to enjoy throughout the park and would spread crowds much more easily.

I fear for the park if they return with the same mazes next year, same amount of people in the queues for them, and same poor operations. The park needs to improve this event as the complaints are seriously rolling in to guest services and over social media.

As the park will say, id make sure you pre-book if your not planning to get there for opening.

Thanks, I have an annual pass so will prebook online, just worried about my friends as think they were planning to 2-4-1 on the day.

Looking at queue times though, it's not too bad yet? Does that just mean there's a hell of a load of prebookers?

Thanks, I have an annual pass so will prebook online, just worried about my friends as think they were planning to 2-4-1 on the day.

Looking at queue times though, it's not too bad yet? Does that just mean there's a hell of a load of prebookers?

Why not book them in via Friends & Family, plus it's a couple of pound cheaper, than the 2-4-1.

Well I guess we can expect the same in terms of gates closing for all this week now. This is a good thing though as it shows a very high demand for fright nights this year meaning that we should get great investments into next years event. For example comparing bwp with last year, I'm sure they wet not expecting as large queues as there were and so the put a larger amount of time and effort into it this year. I'm sure next year we will see a greater amount of roaming actors to keep people occupied as well as the addition of a new maze as I'm sure we can all see that the money is there.

I'm not surprised the park has hit capacity (again). Went yesterday and though it was definitely busy (1-2 hour queues for coasters) it wasn't exactly unbearable (although the park actually had 13-14k instead of 18k).

So how I think this may actually happen every day this week ( bit like Chessington's half term zoo days in 2013).

Looking at queue-times website isn't really a good indication on what rides are down and how long for, it depends on how often the queue-times website updates its data and of course how often thorpe park update the queue boards.

It updates when the board updates at the park, I'm not saying it's entirely accurate, but it's a good indication of how packed the park is.

Colossus-90, nemesis-100, swarm&saw-110, X-70, vortex&rush-60. No thanks.

One major thing which has stuck out for me. Yesterday, and it seems like it has happened again today, none of the coasters are ready until gone 10.15-10.30.

Yesterday they let Annual Pass holders in at 9.45 and we spent half an hour going from coaster to coaster trying to find one which was open. Stealth sent one train with guests on at 10.15, then broke down for an hour.

From that first impression I thought it was going to be one of those 'nightmare days', where everything is going wrong. Turned out that although there were huge queues and was very tiring, it was actually bearable, and we managed to get on all the coasters twice at least.

Not surprised with the lovely weather and how busy it is proving to be so far this past week.

Couldn't help the temptation at looking at the advertised queue times just now - even busier than yesterday it seems!

Colossus = 120, Inferno = 140, SAW = 140, Stealth = 100, Swarm = 120. X is even 80mins! And look, who ever thought Tidal Wave would have a 60min queue during October!?