Fright Nights 2014

JoshC.

Yep, extra day added. I would advise anyone planning on going this week/weekend to put off until Monday if you can.

The Monday won't be as busy as this week, however it will be of a high demand as otherwise thorpe wouldn't have added the extra day in. They ovbiously plan for it to be fairly busy otherwise they wouldn't have added it as a fright nights date.

Got there at 10, and in 7 hours got five rides before finally giving up and going home. No fast track, and queueing for front row each time on the four coasters we did, but it was just too demoralising to be honest.

Finally got to go on Stealth though (it's great!), and the one non-coaster ride we got was Slammer - so no complaints on that score. Won't attempt FN again though.

Thorpe has been VERY quiet this season on the off peak days that I've been this year, in excess of 5 times and pretty much no queueing at all, or queues but only due to crap operations. Nice in a way to see them busy now and hopefully increase mazes for next year as it is so popular, or maybe lots of people will be put off after how much fast track has been sold and how big the queues were.

There's so many negative comments on facebook, I was scrolling through and stumbled across this, someone trying to defend the park, can't help saying I laughed a little :)

Adam Copeland 'just a little message for ALL of you people moaning about TP on fright nights, it's the busiest peak time to attend thorpe park so it's actually your own fault that you've had a bad day so next time go off peak if you don't like queuing. Annual pass holders stop moaning about an extra £10 pm fright nights it clearly states in the small print that certain events are liable for additional charge taking into account you get in ANY merlin attraction for free ANYTIME!! (excluding certain events) I pay £700 per year going to thorpe park and I love it every time.'

I'm sorry but every point that person raised is invaild. Who cares if its in the small print, the point is it shouldnt be. Paying £700 on thorpe a year instantly means your a nutcase. Someone direct them towards eurpoa park please.

Also I'm imclinded to agree that this year seems to be have been poor. Apart from two out of about 20 visists the park has been very quite and considering how I can only ever visit on a weekend that seems to imply that this year hasnt been too good in numbers. Yes fright nights has been heaving but I dont think that is a good thing. All its done is generate a lot of complaints and given thorpe a bad reputation.

"The park is too busy" and "Annual Passholders shouldn't have to pay" are somewhat contradictory.

The mazes have low throughput. Increasing group sizes would probably decrease guest satisfaction. The gap really is a high throughput attraction; a show or scare zone. MBV is in the arena so the show would have to be in Angry Birds. Scare zone, well Merlin's efforts have improved from Dead End but that's not saying much.

Also I'm imclinded to agree that this year seems to be have been poor. Apart from two out of about 20 visists the park has been very quite and considering how I can only ever visit on a weekend that seems to imply that this year hasnt been too good in numbers. Yes fright nights has been heaving but I dont think that is a good thing. All its done is generate a lot of complaints and given thorpe a bad reputation.

Of the many thousand of visitors , the complaints on Facebook are quite a small percentage.

I am aware of this but the complaint to guest ratio is far higher than a normal day. Also another thing which proves there is more complaints than usual is that guest services are aiming to reply in 10 days rather than the normal 7. Even in the peak of summer they still aim to reply in 7 days. Yes many guest will still have enjoyed the experience (even if they didn't get on much) but there will also be the people who didn't like it but haven't complained.

Of the many thousand of visitors , the complaints on Facebook are quite a small percentage.

But complaints are still complaints... You could say exactly the same about the positive stuff on Twitter that the parks constantly retweet, filling up my feed with mindless crap...

How many complaints were received through GS officially? Or even Trip Advisor is a better standard than Facebook...

As for spending £700 on Thorpe a year, there are easily a million things more worth the money than that (and I'm not even saying that because Thorpe, if someone said that for Towers I'd be exactly the same)...

Well as a matter of fact I have seen complaints on facebook and twitter saying that people had to queue up over an hour TO COMPLAIN at guest services... Certainly when I was there on Saturday 17th, there must have been a fair 300-400people waiting to complain about ridiculous queues because of reservenride.

Just by using that information, it looks like a lot of people are complaining directly to guest services at the park.