New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

Why not something groundbreaking in it's own right, with no IP thinly attached to it?

As rubbish as The Smiler is, the marketing behind it pulled in loads.. Didn't it? Why do they feel the future of Merlin parks can only be bright with an IP?

Actually, it didn't. They did get an increase in attendance, but a small one. only 100,000 up on the previous year. That's pretty poor when considering Thorpe got a 200,00 increase by adding... um... shipping containers.

Just read from a pretty reliable source that Thorpe will be getting a vertical free fall drop roller coaster which will continue the story of Th13teen 2 years on, and to mark the year of release, it will be called Fif15teen. The coaster will be released in the second quarter of the season in the 15th week of the year. You didn't hear it from me.

Southparks confirmed yesterday that neptunes beach is getting work done which includes a more permanent double flowrider.

They only claimed that they've heard plans about it earlier in the year.  Plans can change and it may not end up happening; who knows.  

Not saying that won't happen, but until something more official is said, it's just a rumour in my eyes. :)

SouthParks are just going off what some guy told them on their summer tour. If we went off everything that any staff member has ever said we'd have our new B&M next year and so on.

Yes there were talks over the summer about Neptune's Beach (on here for example) but since then its faded, probably because FlowRider wasn't that popular being off half the time and disappearing the other half. Even if they were doing something to the Beach, wouldn't mean they'd close Fish early as the two aren't linked! There's a wide path between them! The Big side of the beach is still very very popular in the summer with families so any new flat ride would probably go on the small side. Rumours are rumours, believe what you want, that's what makes it fun but just because it's written in a way that seems certain doesn't mean it is.

Southparks confirmed yesterday that neptunes beach is getting work done which includes a more permanent double flowrider.

I'm sure that will be well popular in october/ november... tbh what is the point of having a permanent one there, when it would only be popular in the summer months anyway, lets remember that they seemed adamant that Smiler was going to have the washing machine element, look how that turned out lol even if it was sort of a joke I'm guessing.  

This closure of flying fish is surely down to the rumoured February opening? Needing to get the maintenance done in time.

I also personally would love to see them liven up flying fish a bit like with the scorpion express treatment... Add an interactive fish in the middle and actually add the pond with water features :)

Neptune's beach is still quite a popular area. Although I don't think anything should be added (or removed) as I doubt it will be around in the next say 5 years as it will probably make way for a future big development, although it's surprising how much other space thorpe have available considering its small size.

I also personally would love to see them liven up flying fish a bit like with the scorpion express treatment... Add an interactive fish in the middle and actually add the pond with water features :)

They could also add in something that hides the back half of the ride (like the old one did with the bushes!). That'll at least bring back that element of mystery to the ride! :)

Depends on what the dark ride is I guess.

They could make the building quite tall and wide, and then that has some interesting possibilities.  If they really wanted to, they could even extend it as far as the Burger King in Canada Creek and the mini arcade there, making it very wide.  

There's plenty of room for it in other words, and it's far enough away from the lake to be a considered spot..