Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Whatever happened to Vekoma and their Pandora's Box hardware? It basically looked like a poor mans robocoaster from the concepts. I know its not likely, but they could have revived this concept specially for Merlin?

I believe even Efteling have given up on that concept (Hartenhof/Symbolica), and they throw money at things like it's going out of fashion...

No chance of it, especially cos it's not even referenced on Vekoma's website anymore...

I just hope it is a ride without a long, drawn out preshow (unless it's done really well).  Having videos/preshows as part of the queue would be good but I much prefer just getting on the ride rather than, for example, the original Zufari setup.  I'm probably in the minority with that though.

I just hope it is a ride without a long, drawn out preshow (unless it's done really well).  Having videos/preshows as part of the queue would be good but I much prefer just getting on the ride rather than, for example, the original Zufari setup.  I'm probably in the minority with that though.

If the theme is going to be based in the Victorian era, the potential for a preshow is quite promising! I can see some sort of archival footage relating to the ride's story, giving perfectly good reason to why you're there! :)

Benin, Hartenhof was/is going to use this technology...

Read what I said again:

Back when Hartenhof was first announced, the rumours were strongly pointing towards the PD system... Of course since it kept getting delayed it's all changed since...

Back in 2010 this was, if you look through Screamscape (lol, I know, but back in the day it was pretty much the go to place) they mention exactly them rumours...

It probably changed to the massive box on wheels at some point, dunno when though... Probably once they realised the Box system was a bit useless looking...

£3m on the building, £5-15m on advertising. Remaining on theming and ride hardware. Now this is very likely to be screen based so that will take a large budget on animation/filming. So with all that the ride hardware comes to £10-20m. Now they are all rough estimates so I could be out by quite a lot. However an AGV for £30m would be a discount price.

Another point to consider is AGVs struggle with elevation change. This is over 2 floors.

Is it over 2 floors though?

Just because you load above ground level does not insist this thing will be over 2 floors.

It could easily be a ceiling mounted ride system, or even just a really high ride vehicle.

The stark reality is that we have no idea what it is, all we know is, that it is inside a building, and has been created by Derren Brown.

It could be a simple dark ride with vehicle travel (similar to Duel's ride system) but with a lot of effects/enhancements, but the complicated nature of the building frame makes me think otherwise.

One of the best things about the buildup to this attraction is that we literally have no idea what it is!

> Build enthusiast expectations to ridiculously high levels

> Fail to exceed these expectations

> ???

> Profit!!!

> Build enthusiast expectations to ridiculously high levels

> Fail to exceed these expectations

> ???

> Profit!!!

Well I'm not holding out hope on it actually being good but what I meant was that I like how they are keeping it a complete secret.

I plan on going on it the same way I approach any new ride, which is with an open mind rather than expecting it to be amazing/awful.

Thirteen's advertising was just stupid.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic