Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Merlin are simply too cheap to get an oceaneering ride system.

Spiderman style vehicles are around a hundred thousand a piece.

God knows the price for the track mounted robocoaster system that forbidden journey utilises.

"The concept comes entirely from Derren" ....... Except where we can cut financial corners!!!

Bless em.

Christ. Organised fandom can be awesome majority of the time, but this kind of cynicism makes me wonder why you bother. 

Robocoaster cars I believe was reported to be about...

1m.gif

I don't think the building is big enough either to create suitable sized show scenes and fit the absolute axes of motion available to the cars as well... Put it high in the "unlikely" list...

Even I'd say trackless would be more likely... Even if it won't be trackless...

Christ. Organised fandom can be awesome majority of the time, but this kind of cynicism makes me wonder why you bother.

I bother because I have been on rides far superior to anything here in the uk.

We have a standard put before us for ride quality by the likes of Disney and Universal.

Merlin simply can't be bothered here in the uk, because nothing as awe inspiring as, say, spiderman, forbidden journey, escape from gringotts, Transformers, tower of terror, hell, even pirates of the Caribbean, can be found here.

Those are some examples of massively expensive, beautifully themed rides with care and attention to detail to give you the most immersive experience possible.

Merlin practically own the entire uk theme park industry, why would they bring that level of ride here, at that kind of money, when they simply don't have to?

it sucks but that's the reality.

I bother because I have been on rides far superior to anything here in the uk.

We have a standard put before us for ride quality by the likes of Disney and Universal.

Merlin simply can't be bothered here in the uk, because nothing as awe inspiring as, say, spiderman, forbidden journey, escape from gringotts, Transformers, tower of terror, hell, even pirates of the Caribbean, can be found here.

Those are some examples of massively expensive, beautifully themed rides with care and attention to detail to give you the most immersive experience possible.

Merlin practically own the entire uk theme park industry, why would they bring that level of ride here, at that kind of money, when they simply don't have to?

So have I. 

That doesn't mean I become an unwavering sycophant and just unrelentlessly criticise a ride that hasn't even opened yet.

Well, to be fair would the level of investment Disney parks put into their attractions actually pay off for Merlin? I mean there is no theme park tourism in the UK. The majority of visitors each year are from the UK. Even guests staying in the hotels don't lay down the same amount someone spending a family vacation in Disneyland Florida would. Merlin get good gate figures for what they have on offer, but they'd probably go under if they tried to compete with the International parks with the current attendance they get.

And people that visit Merlin parks accept the smaller scale and quality becuase they are aware they haven't flown off to a destination park. It will be extremely interesting to see how Paramount Park can change the UK's theme park industry. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic