Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Officially, the disused / abandoned theme has only been done once, with Saw (twice if you count Saw Alive).  

Isn't all of Amity 'disused' and 'abandoned' ?

I think Merlin have really thought about the scruffy look, it will look great next to Saw, Storm Surge, the games unit, KFC, Tidal, Stealth, Storm in a Tea Cup, Rumba and Colossus..

Gotta love Merlin's selective theming styles in order to avoid having to bother maintaining the attraction to a decent standard...

"Oh it's meant to be falling apart, it's ABANDONED"

We're never going to have something like Amity Cove again are we? That was a destruction themed area done so well...

To be fair as much as I'm not a fan of the ride id say saw is probably one of the better themed rides at the park - atleast the station - indoor section is actually quite well done imo

Not really, it's just black chipboard walls with a few decent theming elements.  The bathroom scene is good though.

From the outside it's just a warehouse disguised as a warehouse.  :lol:

Construction of a dark ride is boring, let's face it.  And to be honest, we've had the most 'exciting' part, in seeing the site being cleared and the frame for the building put up.  And to call that exciting is clutching at straws.

You can see part of the building from Monks Walk, assuming there's not many trees in the way and the like.  But all we'll likely see is some cranes moving stuff about and some exterior theming being put up in January / February time.  

Next clue is actually due very soon (they said middle of November I think?), but I assume it will just be a very small, teasing, clue that has next-to-no details about the attraction.  I'm expecting another code with a picture and a paragraph of text for all us fans to over-analyse for another month to be honest. :)

Was at Derren Brown's live show today - and everyone got a scratch-card advert for the new attraction in a gold envelope.

The show was amazing - no hints but it re-instilled into me how much a wonderful showman he is and made me very excited for whatever he and Merlin have planned for us!

I would attach a photo but I am "not allowed to use that image extension on this community" so forgive me for trying to post a twitter picture. Here's a link: CUCP58wW4AAC2ex.jpg

Edited by JoshC.
Embedded picture; remove the ':large' from Twitter pictures :)

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic