Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

6 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

To be honest with the silence of Jart for the last few weeks, we really should've seen this coming.

It's been more than weeks. Fancy starting a bring back Jart petition anyone? ;) 

I'm not too annoyed that it's been delayed. While it's frustrating, in the long term, it really won't matter. Just be thankful that Thorpe Park is getting the high budget dark ride that most of us have always wanted (even if it does open late).

Anyway, as long as it doesn't open as late as Lightning Rod I'm happy!

16 minutes ago, drivenmad567 said:

The carriage that was outside is a ride vehicle. According to my friend it is now inside and in testing

There's no solid fact that the carriage was a ride vechile and your friend probably isn't the most reliable source. 

Although, for all we know, it could've been a ride vechile and could now be testing. There's no way of knowing really.

I think the most obvious time that we could be looking at an opening date now would be may half term , as that gives them 3 weeks and is a good peak time to start to think about opening the attraction , with crowds being high during that period, maximising exposure and revenue , looking at it from a money making perspective . 

2 minutes ago, swooddow said:

I think the most obvious time that we could be looking at an opening date now would be may half term , as that gives them 3 weeks and is a good peak time to start to think about opening the attraction , with crowds being high during that period, maximising exposure and revenue , looking at it from a money making perspective . 

At this point it think were looking at more than a weeks delay.

2 hours ago, MilesK said:

There's no solid fact that the carriage was a ride vechile and your friend probably isn't the most reliable source. 

Although, for all we know, it could've been a ride vechile and could now be testing. There's no way of knowing really.

As he is part of the thorpe maintenance team that is in overnight on the project I'd say he is....

Saw Derren's live show tonight.  After watching it, it's sort of reminded me just how big a deal his involvement is.  He's an outright showman and loves his detail, and just seems to love getting a reaction from people.  Having someone like that, who has such a big influence on the project, surely means only good can come from this!?

Now lets just look at it this way, yes they have delayed opening but what is the cause. Fingers crossed it's something minor like headset glitches and rehersals to put on a great show rather than oh crap the train won't fit in place, ok who mucked up with the plans?

In other news the Merlin magic van was outside Jewsons collecting a delivery this morning, that may just indicate to some of you that we are quite possibly looking at more than a week or twos delays. If I'm honest I'm hoping for a FN opening right now to add to the tension and atmosphere as I'm certainly in no rush to buy my Annual pass.... On that note when is the next TP meet taking place?

A £40m ride delayed so it can open 3 weeks before the end if season. You are joking right?

New tech is expected to have delays. It's no surprise its been pushed back. Especially with the 4009 companies seeming working on this. (Exaggerating for all those that take my words literally)

Hopefully while they fix the issue the other parts can be perfected.

Well I wouldn't have been able to make the original opening date. So I'm not to disappointed that its changed in that sense. I do feel sorry for those that have pre booked. I think in future Merlin would be better not promising an opening date until they know that its definitely relilistic. I have been following this since day one. I did plan to visit Thorpe next month and still may but I just wonder if my visit will include a trip on the Ghost Train. Time will tell. Slightly disappointing but I still look forward to its opening.

2 hours ago, TallGuyDom said:

In other news the Merlin magic van was outside Jewsons collecting a delivery this  qmorning, that may just indicate to some of you that we are quite possibly looking at more than a week or twos delays. If I'm honest I'm hoping for a FN opening right now to add to the tension and atmosphere as I'm certainly in no rush to buy my Annual pass.... On that note when is the next TP meet taking place?

I'm sure it was something more simple like collecting more wood for the cattlepen queue line.

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm starting to think you're Jart! :P 

He (or she) is everything I aspire to be but never will be.

I am slightly hopeful that I'll be in luck for my 11th May visit but if not (which is probably the case from the sound of things) then meh, I'll ride when I go for MOS. I was sort of hoping it would open on time so I don't have to avoid spoilers for months on end ;) 

Just now, Mark9 said:

It is acceptable. It's in the terms and conditions which you agree to each time you walk through the front gates. 

Of course they're covered in the T&C's, but that's irrelevant to whether it's acceptable or not IMO - just means they are covered legally.

2 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Of course they're covered in the T&C's, but that's irrelevant to whether it's acceptable or not IMO - just means they are covered legally.

We'll just have to beg to differ then. I'm more sympathetic to Thorpe because the last thing they want is to annoy people.

8 hours ago, Tommy said:

I'm confused, who is this Darren Brown they speak of?

It was his stage name in 1992 - http://derrenbrown.co.uk/5-things-you-might-not-know-about-derren-brown/  Y'know, to fit in with the rumoured time travel stuff ;)

On a different note, a couple of photos from today from Theme UK...

13082769_1022439071143942_36147576292102

Lights have been added to the covered sections of the queue.  These are the same as the ones posted on mindswanted.

13094280_1022446291143220_37350255843200

"Proceed this way after presentation" sign.

And a couple from TPM...

13124522_10156935854695624_3971746705902

Complete clock.

13096100_10156935854675624_6002883920504

No more sign.

13103271_10156935854830624_7155421539612

No more mysterious, train carriage like, object outside the building.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic