Posted November 18, 20168 yr comment_245038 Fright Nights may have just ended, but we can still start discussing what could 2017 hold for the event! I do seriously hope all of the Lionsgate mazes go; they are all getting rather stale now.
November 18, 20168 yr Author comment_245049 1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said: Jesus bit early isn't it? Just a little bit..
November 18, 20168 yr comment_245052 18 minutes ago, jonny9403 said: Imagine if p15 does a big top and goes from worst to best maze we can only hope!!
November 18, 20168 yr comment_245058 P15 is a interesting one.. IMO Thorpe should try to relocate it or remove it completely. Its location is far too big and wide for scares to properly work, and the route is rather long too.. I hope to see Cabin/Blair bite the dust. Especially Cabin, as the maze has seemed to deteriorate recently.. Big Top can stay as it is, and I don't see Saw changing anytime soon.
November 18, 20168 yr Author comment_245060 Big Top needs to stay, Containment will probably stay, Platform will probably stay and Saw will unfortunately come back. So that leaves two possible new mazes. A multi route maze themed around the Swarm would be great, then another new maze on the beach with a similar theme to the Curse. That would be perfect imo.
November 18, 20168 yr comment_245064 I doubt they'd be putting a maze on the beach anytime soon due to how much trouble it caused them last year
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245087 Well there's one important thing we should all be aware of for Fright Nights 2017. It's happening next year, good night. Seriously though, I think Cabin is for the wood but we shall see.
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245089 it really is closed season, when people start discussions a year early
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245111 I'd like to see a complete reshake of the lineup for 2017, bring back The Freezer as the headline maze, introduce a new lineup of mazes alongside it with original themes, and ramp up the scare factor. Platform 15 should not return IMO, I'm sorry but that was a complete flunk of a maze. If it returned as a scare zone, and not at the expense of a maze, I wouldn't mind.
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245112 1 hour ago, Coaster Jamie said: bring back The Freezer as the headline maze That would simply be the greatest thing Thorpe Park could do when it comes to fright nights in my opinion!! It is still the scariest maze Thorpe Park have ever had and would give the event the massive shot in the arm it needs. Plus for those that only experienced Asylum and loved it, they would love Freezer as it's practically the same damn thing and Thorpe park would not have to worry about any rubbish about "offending people". I wouldn't mind Thorpe bringing in a maze similar to "Nightbringer" at Burton Screamfest which was one of my highlights of the Halloween season.
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245113 I don't get people's problems about this topic being made at this time of year. Not like there's much else to talk about, and with this year's event still reasonably fresh in mind, improvements will still come to people's heads.. Not only that, Fright Nights is Thorpe's headline event, their busiest part of the season and one of the UK's biggest and well-known Halloween events. With Thorpe growing in popularity and getting more attention overseas, it's also expanding into being well known across Europe, which is only a good thing. So what's the harm in discussing such an important time in the park's calendar a little bit early, and throwing out some opinions? I'm totally against reviving mazes though; especially ones which have been gone for years. I'm not even a fan of having a maze's name brought back in name as a sequel after so many years (so no "Experiment 10: Contamination" please). I don't mind if mazes are sequentially year-on-year (like the Black trilogy at Warwick Castle), but bringing back mazes / maze themes just doesn't sit right with me. Might just be me though.
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245114 I think something fresh is due.. Yes there are brilliant mazes from the past, but all mazes have a sell-by date! Even the most brilliant attractions need to change, or it gets boring! Yes Thorpe have been a tad hit/miss on there maze concepts recently, but when they hit, they hit. I think the events main issues lie in not enough actors, queue management, and more things on those lines..
November 19, 20168 yr comment_245119 If they insist on bringing Saw back for the 8th year running I'd love to see them change some scenes.I feel it's fine up until the Saw 4 room but the final two sections let it down. The pendulum trap should be swapped out for the cube trap (an actor in the middle of the room frantically stabbing their neck with a Biro would be way more exciting than that usually empty table) and instead of the carousel finale guests should crawl on their hands and knees through the steam room cage tunnels while being subjected to hot steamy blasts.The two outdoor mazes really need to go, Cabin ought to go too or maybe just tinker with the facility scenes to make them less open and repetitive.But yeah, things really need to change because this years event was poor. It's sad to see Scarefest get some amazing attractions while Fright Nights deteriorates year after year.Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
November 20, 20168 yr Author comment_245136 I wonder if they'll consider adding a few new effects/segments to Saw Alive next year, with Saw 8 coming out in October. If they don't however, I'll be a tad disappointed as Saw Alive is rather boring now after 7 years of operating.
November 20, 20168 yr comment_245150 I believe Saw Alive only remains because if the significant amount invested in what was supposed to be a year round attraction. I may be wrong but I can't see it going anywhere. It's an easy option for them to just leave it there.
November 20, 20168 yr comment_245162 I don't think SAW will ever change, even with an 8th film coming out the maze only caters for 6 films. Considering it's such a staple maze for them now they'll want to get as much use out of it as they can!
November 21, 20168 yr comment_245200 I agree- SAW I think will be with us for a few more years! I also partly agree with mentioned above- the main issues in FN is within lack of actors (mostly), queue management, park wide theming etc. I wouldn't mind for one season them to pump money into more actors, more theming rather than having something 'New' to gloat about and forget the other existing things which ultimately get neglected. Unfortunately with merlin I don't see this happening as the 'New' factor does bring in guests, but if it did happen the event would get much greater ratings overall!
November 21, 20168 yr comment_245203 This is the 16th Fright Nights right? Could always just make a scare maze on 2016. Now THAT would be scary.
November 21, 20168 yr comment_245233 One thing that needs to change for Fright Nights 2017 is the entry procedure, it has been awful for years now. This year, we queued up nearly an hour at the ticket kiosks (red booths) with only three windows open.
January 9, 20178 yr comment_246540 Tucked in the very end of the press release announcing Thorpes new Divisional Director: Further, the new Park Director, who will oversee all elements of the THORPE PARK Resort business including Marketing, Health & Safety and Operations, will be bringing a new and exciting IP to the theme park’s infamous FRIGHT NIGHTS Halloween event. Let the speculation begin!
January 9, 20178 yr Popular Post comment_246545 19 minutes ago, Marc said: Tucked in the very end of the press release announcing Thorpes new Divisional Director: Further, the new Park Director, who will oversee all elements of the THORPE PARK Resort business including Marketing, Health & Safety and Operations, will be bringing a new and exciting IP to the theme park’s infamous FRIGHT NIGHTS Halloween event. Let the speculation begin! It's the Gruffalo isn't it.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.