Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

Last year, press night seemed to be about vloggers and TOWIE-eseque peeps having as much free beer and food as possible with the very occasional go on a maze or ride ?

THORPE PARK RESORT are being far stricter on plus ones this year though by all accounts, which is good news for fans of the beef rib in the buffet at Fins.

The Thorpe Breaks website does say that there will be eight new horror attractions joining the lineup this year. Well, it says mazes, but we all know that’s not happening. If we add the extra two attractions covered by leaves, this would add up. The question is... when are we getting a reveal? The event starts in two weeks.. 

02B56B15-51E4-4041-91A0-B3EB4849CC4E.jpeg

On 9/13/2018 at 11:44 PM, ItzAdam said:

Just a rumour however I highly believe that one of the two unannounced attractions wil be called “deadwood creek” this being the one on the right with the biohazard sign. 

Ive heard a lot of actors discussing their roles for this attraction and I’ve heard it mentioned around quite a lot as well. 

I believe this will be another scare zone to add to lineup as I highly doubt there will be anymore mazes.. (could be wrong though) 

D3402BD9-DBA2-4288-9952-DFC16C61C08D.jpeg

You guys heard it here first! ? however I got the name the wrong way round and they’re advertising it as a “new maze” 

good luck Thorpe. 

8 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

RobF beat me to it.

I wonder where this maze/outdoor walk in the woods will be 

It'll be down Zombie Hunt's pathway with the ending routed to the other side of the I'm A Celeb area. And from the looks of things, it'll literally just be Zombie Hunt without guns.

It's worth noting that the maze has a scare rating of 2 in the day and 3 at night, so it's not going to be a new terrifying addition. 

25 minutes ago, MilesK said:

It'll be down Zombie Hunt's pathway with the ending routed to the other side of the I'm A Celeb area. And from the looks of things, it'll literally just be Zombie Hunt without guns.

It's worth noting that the maze has a scare rating of 2 in the day and 3 at night, so it's not going to be a new terrifying addition. 

So maybe it’ll take the crowds away from other attractions but otherwise is possibly a bit pointless

4 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

So maybe it’ll take the crowds away from other attractions but otherwise is possibly a bit pointless

It should hopefully spread the queues out even more which will be extremely helpful, especially in half term. In terms of the quality of the maze, given that it looks as if it’ll be unchanged from Zombie Hunt and of course the low scare rating, it might still be a good maze for younger audiences. 

Thorpe have really upped their game this year. 11 attractions and with one more still to be announced. I really hope they can pull this off...

Its cool they are aiming to have so many attractions this year, it should hopefully make the mazes a little less stressed when it comes to queues.

My only issue is the quality in the lineup.. The only maze that really interests me is Platform at night.. The rest of them (bar LN) don't interest me in the slightest..

I think its also kinda dumb that we have another outside attraction.. If in a secluded area like Tulleys then having outdoor elements is fine, but in a very compact theme park such as Thorpe it kinda spoils the atmosphere..

It also kinda worries me how last minute this event seems.. It seems like they just cropped up some attractions in a very short amount of time.. Like they just announced this.. Passholder Preview is a week or so away..

Overall its cool they plan to open so many attractions, but more doesn't always mean better..

It will run down Zombie Hunt's old path, as from the looks of things, the maze will be Zombie Hunt without the guns. They have a ramp leading down from where the Timber Tug queue currently is. There's a wall blocking the way but my guess it that it'll be removed so the maze can run down there. 
Platform keeps it's previous queue and entrance, Dead Creek goes where the Blair Witch queue used to go then down it's old path up until the IAC area, where it diverts to the right and exits down that path they've built to the right of the area. Blair Witch will presumably queue in the other half of the IAC area and enter from there down to the shed.