Jump to content
JoshC.

2018 General Discussion

Recommended Posts

"Loggers Leap is currently closed for redevelopment, we hope for it to make a splash back soon!"

 

- Thorpe Park, 2016

 

 

"We would never change the Colossus music, it's iconic!"

 

Also Thorpe Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 12:19 PM, StevenVig said:

Don't understand why Saw Alive isn't open, it's not like anything will have changed inside?

Maybe theres an issue with the maze, rather than it being relating to overrun in scenic changes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swear it was £5 not long ago... 

 

 

 

still though... at least we don't charge like $25 like some american parks to do park.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£8 to park when you have already paid £25+ to get in is a rip off. It's hardly trying to stop people driving there anymore. At £8/10 it's just trying to squeeze more out of there customers. What a great lasting impression to give to encourage people back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99% of leisure attractions charge for car parking, if you think £10 is a lot try some of the American theme parks!

 

I like the idea of charging more at the barrier, people paying at the barriers slow things down massively anything to try deter people from doing this is good. 

 

Its sill £7 online too, wonder if it’s just not updated yet or they want people to buy online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marc said:

I like the idea of charging more at the barrier, people paying at the barriers slow things down massively anything to try deter people from doing this is good.

Chessington works well with contactless readers on the barrier ticket boxes. This would be a far more efficient way of dealing with the large number who forget to get a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried the 10pm close today, not a great event in all honesty.

 

Stealth was packed up for the day when we arrived at half past 6, with both trains in the transfer/maintenance bay and clearly no attempt at getting it open - appeared as if it had closed at 6pm as if it were a normal day.  Derren Brown's Ghost Train, Rush, Detonator and Rumba (though I know that's due to lighting) were all closed well before 10pm.

 

Also, what were the opening hours for the Living Nightmare Maze and Zombie Hunt supposed to be?  As both were closed throughout the duration of the evening today.

 

I'm all for these 10pm closes, but it isn't really a 10pm close if rides are closing throughout the evening, or even beforehand in some places.  Not really what was advertised.  Operations still need improvement, but did seem marginally better than on my last visit.  Nemesis Inferno's mist was working which was nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealth was down all of the day, technical problems, just because it don’t look like a ride is being worked on it don’t mean it isn’t, especially when you consider the vast majority of stealths workings are hidden away in a bunker....

 

Not sure on Ghost Train, last week it was advertised as closing at 8 I think but tonight it said 10 on the board, possibly a technical issue too?

 

Zombie hunt and Living Nightmare close at 6, think I’m a celeb does too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there should be more charges to solve other problems too. £10 fine if you sit on the queue fence, £20 fine for queue jumping,  £25 (+eligibility) for a RAP , 20p turnstiles for the toilets, large lockers for £5 per use etc. It will make the park much better having all these extra charges!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I think there should be more charges to solve other problems too. £10 fine if you sit on the queue fence, £20 fine for queue jumping,  £25 (+eligibility) for a RAP , 20p turnstiles for the toilets, large lockers for £5 per use etc. It will make the park much better having all these extra charges!

Only 20p for the toilet? They could easily charge £1 then they could add a fine if anyone is caught tinkling in a bush ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coaster said:

Tried the 10pm close today, not a great event in all honesty.

 

Stealth was packed up for the day when we arrived at half past 6, with both trains in the transfer/maintenance bay and clearly no attempt at getting it open - appeared as if it had closed at 6pm as if it were a normal day.  Derren Brown's Ghost Train, Rush, Detonator and Rumba (though I know that's due to lighting) were all closed well before 10pm.

 

Also, what were the opening hours for the Living Nightmare Maze and Zombie Hunt supposed to be?  As both were closed throughout the duration of the evening today.

 

I'm all for these 10pm closes, but it isn't really a 10pm close if rides are closing throughout the evening, or even beforehand in some places.  Not really what was advertised.  Operations still need improvement, but did seem marginally better than on my last visit.  Nemesis Inferno's mist was working which was nice.

 

Yeah I mean, when a company that is normally very stingy with opening hours gives out an extra four hours, I'd make allowances for certain things to close early or for rides to have some downtime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stealth - apparently had a new cable fitted during Tuesday night. The sensors and fittings have to be tested in many ways as the cable stretches and the sensors have to "see" the new fittings. The engineer with the major know-how on this was not on for a full shift until today, Friday. They did not get into running mode until about 6.30p.m., then there were constant problems throughout the evening requiring the setting procedures and sign-off protocol to be followed. A hot frustrating day, not helped by Saw and SWARM going through long pre-start inspections prior to opening. The tea-cups seemed to manage quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there Thursday evening from 7:00 and I was a bit disappointed too. I was so excited for Living Nightmare but it was closed the whole time. If it closes early why can't Thorpe say so on the website or queue time app? I would have gone to the park a few hours earlier if I had known it would shut at six. Same with the rapids, tried at about 8:30 and it was closed, why not put a big sign at the entrance saying 'Ride closes at dusk' or say so on the app?

Operations were alright, two trains on everything but Swarm and around a ten minute queue for the main coasters from 8:00. Swarm was a different story though, only one train and I must have waited 5-6 cycles before I boarded, wasn't pleased with that.

I went in with the expectation it would be just like Summer Nights plus a horror maze and it didn't live up to that. Stealth being closed all evening didn't help either but I get that these things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good atmosphere on park tonight and nice to see a good crowd level well into the evening. I hope that this continues and the event deemed a success to make it continue into future seasons.

 

The park wide dance/pop music worked really well for the event and made it good fun.

 

During last hour both Stealth and Swarm were delayed 15 - 20 mins while second trains removed (not sure about other coasters), but most rides stayed open from what I saw.

 

Samurai, quantum and old town kids rides unavailable all evening and I'm a celeb/zombie hunt/living nightmare advertised as closing at 6pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coaster said:

I wonder what's wrong with Saw Alive for it to still be down?

Theres pictures of lots of steel beams around it so guess it maybe structual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...