Park Music

humjosh

Personally, I've always thought the end of day music was a bit too Chessingtony, but it was still pretty good. But that is just, well, awful.

Playing The Noise parkwide with just the odd announcement saying how the rides are now closed would be fine. The Noise itself is alright, it would fit in okay I think for when the rides are closed and wouldn't sound so intrusive..

This noise just sounds like they are trying to get rid of guests as quickly as possible.

Although the nice cheery guy on the jingle says 'we hope you have enjoyed your day at Thorpe Park...' etc etc

It sounds to me more like 'Get the F out of Thorpe Park, our staff want to go home'. Not a nice, chilled end to the day.

First they screw up the music as we enter the park. Now they screw up as you exit!

Holy cow. Why the bloody hell they can't keep things simple I do not know! I demand to have the normal entrance music as I arrive and leave re-introduced immediately! :(

I mean, this sounds like some sort of evacuation procedure. Anyone who thinks this is good is bonkers.

Whoever thought putting a flipping siren on would sound good is bonkers.

Some calm backing with something like "Thank you for visiting thorpe park, the ride queuelines have now closed. Have a safe and pleasant journey home!" followed by end of day or something would be alright.

Whoever thought putting a flipping siren on would sound good is bonkers.

Some calm backing with something like "Thank you for visiting thorpe park, the ride queuelines have now closed. Have a safe and pleasant journey home!" followed by end of day or something would be alright.

And this is just what I hate about the place lately. Everything, from signage to announcements has become too "in yer face"!

Blimey looks like I'm the only one who actually prefers chart music at the entrance :huh: And this new end of day music is obviously making people leave a lot faster instead of dawdling along taking forever to leave! I prefer the old end of day music but I can see why they have one it and I don't blame them.

And this new end of day music is obviously making people leave a lot faster instead of dawdling along taking forever to leave!

Yeah, they'll run to their cars instead of walk! :lol:

And considering how much money Thorpe have pumped into The Swarm advertising, you'd think they'd theme an announcement around it, at least for a couple of years until they decide they want to change it again.

On park right now and have a few updates regarding the park music:

- Colossus is still high pitched.

- Rush's queue line speakers are still silent.

- Saw's queue line speakers are still silent (been like that for 2 years now).

- X has a dead zone in the queue line with no music.

- Lost City is once again playing Chart Music. *sigh*

- Vortex is yet again playing Chart Music, no awesome theme tune.

The thing that I'm confused upon is the fact that in early April and late March, Vortex and Lost City were playing their usual theme music which we all thought "Oh, Thorpe Park have finally fixed it." But now that it's back to Chart Music, what is going on? Can they decide whether to have Chart or Themed music playing?

When I visited on April 2nd, Vortex was playing its themed music and I was very happy that it was, since I hadn't heard it for at least 2 years, plus it suits the ride a whole lot better. But today, its gone again. Not happy one bit.

I don't have a problem with The Noise being played at Thorpe, I really don't. What I do have a problem with is that it plays on the rides, especially ones like Vortex who have one of the best soundtracks Thorpe has to offer.

Keep The Noise to the entrance, dome, bridge and Neptune's Beach. Leave Lost City and Vortex alone Thorpe!

When I visited on April 2nd, Vortex was playing its themed music and I was very happy that it was, since I hadn't heard it for at least 2 years, plus it suits the ride a whole lot better. But today, its gone again. Not happy one bit.

The Vortex music is still there, its just down to the operator to press the button to start it. When the lost city "ambiance" was playing in the area instead of the noise, I guess there much more likely to press it than when musics playing instead!