Park Music

humjosh

Don't mind the chart music outside, but once you are through them turnstiles it's just not right. You are supposed to be stepping out of reality into a magical place, not into a branch of TopShop.Surely it costs to pay chart music? That's why all music is usually either parked owned or over 50 years old when royalty payments stop. In this year of cuts I hope they won't throw money out just for a few pop songs when they have perfectly good free theme sitting there, instead of paying out to actually open their attractions.

I think this will be covered under the same licence as ride audio such as Loggers Leap's along with whats used at Events such as Reload / Staff Socials so I expect it will all stay.

Don't mind the chart music outside, but once you are through them turnstiles it's just not right. You are supposed to be stepping out of reality into a magical place, not into a branch of TopShop.

What Topshop are you going into Pluk? All mine play music that even I would call obscure.

[/font]Actually, I'm pretty darn sure 98% of guests would rather listen to Rihanna than the General Entrance Theme[/font]We have a huge 900 Seater Arena, located in Ranger County. Surprised you've missed it.I think the view of the rides that you see at the turnstiles, gives an ample amount of anticipation.Thorpe Park hold an annual event called Sun Scream, which has been running since 2009. This is focused on a range of live music, shows and activities.The Park also launched Reload last year, the nightclub for under-18's, where selected rides are open and music is played in the Lakeview Marquee.Your a fanboy, you want to hear the classic stuff. Well I'm sorry marketing just doesn't work like that I'm afraid.Brush up on your facts before you post please :huh:

Oh Tpkabz. Where do I start. For instance, the 900 seat arena which is rarely used or the view from the turnstiles which equates to just about seeing Vortex swinging through the metal barriers or how about sun scream which is about as effective as a snow plough in the Sahara desert.

At the end of the day, Top 40 music is what fits Thorpe's target audience. If the old entrance music was played outside this year people would be like: ''da **** is this?'' The top 40 music keeps people happy in longer queues to buy tickets/enter the park and if the entrance music was being played over a long period of time, I'm sure it would get on peoples nerves. Yeah, the Top 40 is not the most suited music selection for the entrance but if it caters for the target audiences entertainment needs and helps keep a lively environment then I'm sure it will make most guests at the park happy.

Actually, I'm pretty darn sure 98% of guests would rather listen to Rihanna than the General Entrance Theme

Read my post.Sure, they're more likely to have Rihanna on their iPods than theme park music, but it's not something they'd run to guests services about, and it's hardly a game-changer when it comes to whether they want to return to the park anytime soon. As I said, the normal themed music satisfies enthusiasts and the GP don't mind it, some of them even enjoy it. Chart music would irritate of most of the enthusiasts, and it's not like ALL of the GP enjoy's chart music anyway. Especially when two of the artists on their playlist last year were Cher Lloyd and Willow Smith... baffling.

I think that they should play chart music at the entrance, but once you have gone through the entrance it should be the theme on the bridge. If they could use the Saw theme on Saw the ride then they should, and also I think that Stealth should have it's own track (keep amity radio in queueline, but once you get to the steps maybe they could have some kind of tension music from there until you get on the ride.)

Tpkabz I am acutally offended by your comment, on I should brush up on my facts before I post. If you could actually bothered to read the post more than just the average reader does on trip advisor you would understand what I mean. Like I don't know there is a bloody giant Arena, which I may add is mainly used for 1 week of stunt shows and Experiment 10. Sun Scream is not what I mean, If I wan't top 40 music, I want for a reason, thus a beach party style not any other time!Sorry to be so in the face of many readers on this topic, I just feel I want to get my point across without being run down by others!(Just to point out/make it clear, I love Rihanna I saw her at the O2 last year!)

To just make a point:

(a) We have a huge 900 Seater Arena, located in Ranger County. Surprised you've missed it.(b ) I think the view of the rides that you see at the turnstiles, gives an ample amount of anticipation. (c )Thorpe Park hold an annual event called Sun Scream, which has been running since 2009. This is focused on a range of live music, shows and activities.The Park also launched Reload last year, the nightclub for under-18's, where selected rides are open and music is played in the Lakeview Marquee.(d) Your a fanboy, you want to hear the classic stuff. Well I'm sorry marketing just doesn't work like that I'm afraid.(e) Brush up on your facts before you post please

a. ...Which is never used, and if you actually read the initial post, the point that was being got at, was that it could be put to better use.b. As already mentioned, this starts, and ends at Vortex. Once again, if you read the initial post, you'll find the point that was being made, was that in the queue at the entrance, there is little more than the view of a shabby wooden-clad entrance.c. Thanks for stating the obvious, now stop being needlessly rude and read the initial post, and comment constructively.d. What, and you know about marketing? Aside from anything else, I think you'll find music at the park is not marketing; it's guest experience.e. Seen as everything posted was factually correct, I have no idea what you are on about.

Tpkabz I am acutally offended by your comment, on I should brush up on my facts before I post. If you could actually bothered to read the post more than just the average reader does on trip advisor you would understand what I mean. Like I don't know there is a bloody giant Arena, which I may add is mainly used for 1 week of stunt shows and Experiment 10. Sun Scream is not what I mean, If I wan't top 40 music, I want for a reason, thus a beach party style not any other time!Sorry to be so in the face of many readers on this topic, I just feel I want to get my point across without being run down by others!

Don't apologize, you were needlessly ripped for doing nothing wrong, and rightfully should be offended.Tpkabz, I really couldn't care less about forum etiquette, I'm going to be in your face. You are repetitively rude and offensive to people, and this is essentially bullying. Why don't you take your head out of your a**e and actually give someone else's opinion and comments the same amount of time and respect you deserve people to give your belittling replies.

^ I agree with everything and have no problem ahaha, it was simply the absolute disregard for the purpose of the inital post, and the fact that abz reply was more just to score points in a belittling manner.Just disagree about the areana, before 2007 it was more used, but, yes, everything else is quite right, the park is shifting it's audience entirely.

For all of you that think this park is heading in the direction of 'pleasing the enthusiasts' - you can jog on right now.Kabir is clearly correct in his opinion however little consideration he's perhaps put into delivering it.(a) The Arena is used incrementally each year - moving from no events at all in 2007, up to regular 'peak usage' in 2012 with regular events such as Exp10, Summer and Easter events.(b ) Have any of you seen the people that want to visit the park? The park brands itself as 'mateyness... a thrilling day out... no holds barred - if I was a person I'd be Johnny Knoxville'. Yes the bridge theme is a nice piece of music but is it appropriate for this brand? Is Top 40 dance stuff which is exciting and fun going to raise spirits even more than a sombre piece of monophonic music? People are paid to work within the park and they have clearly come to a joint decision that this would be for the better - it's not a load of angry Admissions Hosts who have changed it just to piss than fanboys off.(c ) And this is to push the awareness of the brand - the park is looking to expand into an evening/night venue along with the hotel and the events that are coming up this year after park hours are going to be HUGE. Nothing on this scale has been done before; and it will quite rightly bring guests in from far. It fits in well with the Merlin Entertainments vision of increasing two day visits and spreading guests over various dates instead of trying to ride everything in one day and then getting disappointed because they haven't.(d) Kabir is very right here. The park is a business and is there to please the majority - not the extreme minority. Sorry, but this isn't Chessington.Please feel free to dissect my post however I will reply in great haste.

I'm not dissecting, I'm just going to throw a few things out there in regard to whats being said.Point A. I'd be intrigued by the Easter and Summer events. Hopefully they aren't more BMX'ers racing around a ball and are actually something a bit different. I feel the arena is under-used though, opening it for about 10 weeks a year doesn't really represent a good use of a space that is in the dead centre of the park.Point B and kind of C. Thats fine, in fact the majority of posters don't mind the music across the entrance and the bridge because the park advertises itself as a matey, we're pikeys and hang out in the park all night' kind of thing. It's the playing in Neptunes Kingdom and Flying Fish which is a bit fishy because they are the two areas that really don't key up with Kiss FM. I know you aren't going to be giving away any details about what the park has planned. But again, I'm intrigued.Point D. What did Chessington do to please enthusiasts?

I appreciate Rides and Alcohol don't go together but then again ZSL Zoo did a Midnight disco last summer which was basically Animals and Alcohol..

Ah I like this idea then. I went to the ZSL Midnight disco last year and it was a lot of fun getting drunk at the zoo with only other adults around. Whilst alcohol and rides sound like a bad idea (and is actually against the parks own rules), I've been to a lot of funfairs, particularly a German one at Oktoberfest which was a lot of fun. Makes sense for Thorpe to go down that tangent, to experiment a bit more with their target audiences.

I think at the gates that chart music is the best choice, it will get people hyped and ready. I remember when I went last year and they were booming out the chart music, it was a hot sunny day, and the sound of the rides in the background - awesome. I do agree though that in the park the ride music really adds to the effect and is worth every second