Scorpion Express

Dan9

There has been no confirmation either way if the mine and boiler shack will be restored, so I don't really see why people are so disappointed with this "news"

'The boiler shack' ? Do you mean the raised queueline down the stairs? If so, that raised queueline has been flattened. although I expect that the boiler will be used as additional theming.

By the looks of things, the end section of the new flat queueline, will take you into straight into the old fastrack section.

Yes, da boiler shack:

ScreenShot2014-01-19at112843_zpsfc2a6f63

If they replace all that with a pavement switchback maze of B&Q fences then I'll be very disheartened.

Runaway Train is an extremely dated cheap children's ride, but it was fun little things like the boiler leaking steam and the path through the cave that made it fun.

• 3 weeks later...

d8ddda0b836b4ff79a81d70f452f6d58.jpg

Please. 'Health and Safety' do not in any way shape of form prevent people from queuing in a building / tunnel / cave, it's just an excuse for the parks laziness and lack of imagination.

If they want to build an immersive, multi-level, indoor and outdoor queue line then that's what they can do. If they can only be bothered to build a cattle pen then that's what they will do.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has seen but I have seen some pictures of Scorpion Express update, if you look beyond the cave, there is a building which has seemed to be created were the boiler shack was and the surrounding area. This can also be seen in another picture by the old fastrack entrance which shows the structure being created. Is this a sign of an indoor queue or a ride shop? Doubt it will be a shop though.

Well the ride status page has been updated to show Scorpion Express which doesn't say reopening in March, just 2014, as well as Rameses Revenge saying currently closed... So not sure how excited people should be for going at the beginning of the season :/

Also the ride section has been updated...

Scorpion Express - brand new ride experience for 2014

Scorpion Express is a fun ride for all the family and brave young adventurers can experience their first rollercoaster thrill. Watch out for surprises at every turn, with unstable mines guarded by the giant Scorpion anything could happen – try not to get too close!

Typical Merlin claiming a 26 year old powered coaster as a new ride. It's not brand new, just a (step back) retheme of the ageing Runaway Train, which it's great to see the park trying to make it more magical by removing the boiler queuing with a impressive cattle pen, taking away a mouldy rock face for a few scattered cactuses and take away the I H&S parts like the boiler itself. Sure it won't be missed and it's not like it added character like peg leg Pete, the weather bane and rock faces did which have now gone.

Seriously Merlin, you may think you're only second to Disney, but if you really want to compete with them in greatness, you really need to start to improve upkeep of run down areas and immersive theming and character, which Chessington once had, lots has gone, with parks in the uk much smaller progressing better than them.

I hope this Paramount park happens, because not just will it give the uk themepark industry a world class park, but also more competition, where Merlin will hopefully up their game, or pay the price for lazy ness and being unimaginative.

Typical Merlin claiming a 26 year old powered coaster as a new ride. It's not brand new, just a ...

Scorpion Express - brand new ride experience for 2014

They aren't claiming it's a new ride, I think it is quite clear to everyone what they mean. They've not exactly kept their refurbishments quite.

Maybe it will be a great and new experience? Lets not go full rant until we see what they are doing, eh! I don't have any faith in it being good, but lets see first...

Typical Merlin claiming a 26 year old powered coaster as a new ride. It's not brand new, just a (step back) retheme of the ageing Runaway Train, which it's great to see the park trying to make it more magical by removing the boiler queuing with a impressive cattle pen, taking away a mouldy rock face for a few scattered cactuses and take away the I H&S parts like the boiler itself. Sure it won't be missed and it's not like it added character like peg leg Pete, the weather bane and rock faces did which have now gone.

Seriously Merlin, you may think you're only second to Disney, but if you really want to compete with them in greatness, you really need to start to improve upkeep of run down areas and immersive theming and character, which Chessington once had, lots has gone, with parks in the uk much smaller progressing better than them.

I hope this Paramount park happens, because not just will it give the uk themepark industry a world class park, but also more competition, where Merlin will hopefully up their game, or pay the price for lazy ness and being unimaginative.

Really looking forward to this meet, can't wait to visit the park again.

:rolleyes: