Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

• 2 months later...

It has been so long since they've been used I forget quite how much they put in to the music but when I was there last week, there appeared to be a lot of bass; could this mean they are back or just my ears just trying to make me happy?

The bass cannons were cleaned out over closed-season so at the start of the year the bass was definitely there. However there is a pidgeon (called Perry) who keeps flying in and out to live in one of them, so it's like 75% of the bass :)

• 3 weeks later...

I do really like the ride by just thinking about it, I really do think a mistake was made when they named called it Nemesis Inferno. Giving it the Nemesis name set the ride up for a nearly impossible challenge of beating or at least matching the original and I think they would have been far better off just calling it Inferno. That isn't to say that comparisons still wouldn't be drawn, enthusiasts everywhere would still compare the two rides being the same ride type but still; less comparisons would be drawn by the GP.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a little question about this attraction. I hope this doesn't offend anyone who is a large fan of this coaster. However, I'm not such a fan only because of a few reasons

It's Called 'Nemesis' If you look at the attraction it doesn't have anything 'Alien/Sci Fi' related. Like the original at Alton Towers, which is stately the best coaster in the world. I don't think Thorpe Park deserve to call it another Nemesis. It's like having 2 Apex Predators. There is only one Apex! Is the main one. so why would they call it Nemesis, I think it would sound better if they just called it 'Inferno' It's simple and John wardley created the original with some outstanding and groundbreaking turns and inversions and deep underground pits and amazing theme! It's surely one the most amazing rides of all time. I don't understand why they did it for Inferno, It clearly doesn't have groundbreaking turns YES, It has a Interlocking I-Corkscrews. sorry but, wow! (Sarcasm) :closedeyes: It doesn't have incredible theme, I do like the volcano but they could of concentrated the back part of the station. :wacko: That's all

What do you think about the name choice? Please Reply & I'm sorry this offends any fans of the coaster!.. - Thank You :)

Well, first there's the issue that using the Nemesis name creates a brand, and so it would've worked wonders for the promotion of the ride back in 2003 given the success of the original. But "Nemesis" doesn't categorically mean "alien"; it means enemy, so if you ask me it's perfectly suited.

It's an interesting point you make Alex. Really and truly, the only thing Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno have in common is that they are B&M Inverts. However, that's the point in a way. From a general public perspective, as soon as they see the name (and perhaps even recognise the logo), it knocks the memory for anyone who has been on either of the rides - 'Oooh, it's similar to that one at Alton Towers!' It creates a connection between the parks and did wonders for marketing. Granted, enthusiasts literally labelled it as 'the next Nemesis', and were left bitterly disappointed by the goodness (but not brilliantness) of the ride. However, ask yourself this - how often do you see members of the public leave the ride disappointed? In my experiences, very rarely. So, this means one thing, regardless of the name, it's still a popular ride.

To be honest, whether it's called Nemesis Inferno or Inferno, it won't make a blind bit of difference. Enthusiasts would still draw comparisons to Nemesis because they're the same ride type, The public would still lap up the ride as well. So yeah, the name choice doesn't bother me - either of the two fit the ride just fine. If you really want to look for some way to connect the theme of Inferno to Nemesis, the awakening of the Nemesis monster caused tremors all around the world, which lead to a volcano erupting on a tropical island - simple!

As for the back part of the station, that's seemingly the equivalent of the Air tunnel. There's nothing specifically wrong with how it is, but it could just be much better. Nonetheless, it's really the only other piece of theming they could add to the ride, and it would be good if they did...

As for the back part of the station, that's seemingly the equivalent of the Air tunnel. There's nothing specifically wrong with how it is, but it could just be much better. Nonetheless, it's really the only other piece of theming they could add to the ride, and it would be good if they did...

There's nothing specifically wrong with the Air tunnel, aside from how much I enjoy looking at bare soggy concrete to get me excited for a ride (and now being blinded by excessively bright lights for the pointless on ride video)...

Although, flying over the shed is just as fab <3

I would add mist and fog. AND change the floor by adding a load of stones like coals. With the lights with would make an amazing effect of running or flying over hot coals (like a volcano)

Posted Image

It would be quite a cheap fix. well cheaper than turfing up the "soggy concrete" and chanig it to something else. it would also dim/block out a majority of the lights if the coals piled up at the edges

I swear, if they had just called it Inferno, the majority wouldn't have a problem with it at all. In fact, the only people that seem to take offence is enthusiasts/fanboys. The fact is, Nemesis is one of the most successful rides the UK will ever see and when your new B&M inverter doesn't have any gimmick or large selling points, bang, you make it a sequel and it instantly gets people interested and talking.

On it's own, Inferno is a perfectly competent ride without being outstanding. It's reliable, high-throughput, looks the part and compliments the other rollercoasters perfectly.

Inferno was busted for a few hours today. Train stopped at the top of lift which I assume was evaced. Fenced off the area between the loop and the brake-run (where sideshow games are) and had the cherry picker reaching up to the brake platform. Got fixed eventually and re-opened.

Also never seen the *entire* queue filled outside of school trip season. Inferno was very popular today!