THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

Hi guys, just thought I'd put it out there: I am off down to Thorpe next week. I will of course keep you up to date with all The Swarm updates and a general overview of Fright Nights; hope you will enjoy! :P

Edited by Sidders
Corrected spelling, punctuation and grammar

Half of the zero-g roll up, pic from theme park guide.Posted Image

That looks so intimidating, I knew it would tower over a lot of the park but it's like a LANDMARK, iconic! Anyway looking at the steepness of the zero G I'm really concerned as others have expressed if the wing of the plane will fit. I'm dreading to think that they can't fit it there and will compensate it for another place and make it another Krake repeat, and that was incredibly underwhelming when I find out they just stuck it next to the bottom of the drop Posted Image

Maybe I'm missing something here...The ride itself (as in the track and supports) has in no way changed since the plans were released. Up until the last few days, no one has really said 'Ooh, I'm not sure if that wing is going to fit; it's gonna be really tight', etc.Now we can see just how tight of a gap it actually will be, and how well planned that element will have to be to be safe, people are questioning whether it will happen? I don't get what all the concern, or fuss, is about... Posted ImageSame with the tower really; don't get why people I so concerned that it won't happen, when we're looking at a construction site that isn't even half-finished yet.

Maybe I'm missing something here...The ride itself (as in the track and supports) has in no way changed since the plans were released. Up until the last few days, no one has really said 'Ooh, I'm not sure if that wing is going to fit; it's gonna be really tight', etc.

That's what I was trying to say, nothing has changed so there is no reason it 'wouldn't fit' so I don't get why people are even thinking that haha

We should be more concerned as to whether or not the rest of the ride will be built. Looking at the construction site, there doesn't appear to be anymore track there. Surely that means it won't be installed. I mean, they could substitute it with some Nemesis Inferno track, but that would be disappointing. Disclaimer: Please, no worrying. It seems rather... Pointless. We should trust that Thorpe aren't idiots when it comes to planning. Nothing has changed thus far and nothing should.

Swarms chunky track and massive inversions make Stealth look like childs play.

And that is one of the reasons we all love B&M so much. The track makes the ride look so bold, menacing and powerful. B&M's have presence, even if they don't always deliver quite what they promise. But our track record of intense B&M rides in the UK is good, and I hope The Swarm will continue that trend. So far, it is looking rather good!!

Well to be fair to Intamin, Maverick is one of the best rollercoasters I have been on since Nemesis for pure intense thrill value. So I would love to see an Intamin Blitz coaster in 2015. But hey that is for another discussion, this is The Swarm, and what a mighty fine looking machine it is!!!! The flaming queues for this thing are going to have to be extend out the park gates!!!

Stealth being caught between two superior rides.Just to make it surrounded by 3, I want 2015 to be a B&M.

Not really because...1. The Swarm hasn't even opened yet, nobody has been on it. Yes Raptor is similar, but not the same. So how can you say it is better than Stealth?2. Nemesis Inferno is a typical crap, forceless, thoughtless B&M. :)

Don't take me too seriously Benin, that was supposed to be a bit of a joke about how popular this ride is going to be! So if we are going to see some pyrotechnics, and that is a big if, where do we think they may be used? Something blowing up, but what? Maybe at the bottom of the first drop by the aircraft? The rate this thing is going up, could we be seeing some testing before Christmas?And Thorpeparkjack, I'm not sure what B&M Inverted coasters you have been on that I have not, but I would hardly call Inferno crap!!

In terms of B&M Inverted coasters, Inferno isn't great.But considering that's like saying a Pixar film isn't great, doesn't mean it's as awful as other rides.And Inferno definitely isn't forceless, considering I have greyed out on it numerous times, anything but really. Plus Raptor is definitely better than Stealth, so I reckon this will be better than both.So we now get two great B&Ms to balance out the awful Intamins. Good stuff.

^ Doesn't mean the Intamins are good in themselves, does it? When I find a good Intamin I'll give it the credit it deserves (I loved Cheetah Hunt), but the two we've been landed with are really nothing special.And regarding Inferno, I love it. Even having been on Montu, which is considered one of the best, I still get a thrill out of Inferno. It's what everyone always asks for - a solid coaster with no gimmicks, that just delivers. People seem to overlook whilst asking for that, the fact we already have one... And it's B&M, surprise surprise.

^ Doesn't mean the Intamins are good in themselves, does it? When I find a good Intamin I'll give it the credit it deserves (I loved Cheetah Hunt), but the two we've been landed with are really nothing special.

If they were not good why would people come to ride them? Why would people tell their friends about them and so on making the park the success it is today.What fanboys and the general public think are good are 2 very different things.