Next Roller Coaster

Tom Stoker

Since it has been nearly 5 years since Thorpe Park has added a new roller coaster, I feel right now that a new roller coaster is necessary for them now. Obviously it won't be for 2017 as it would have been announced by now. Would would you like to see for their next roller coaster? Me personally a thrilling wooden roller coaster made by either RMC, GCI or Gravity Group

I think the park is in desperate need of a Airtime Machine, as currently none of Thorpe's lineup give good airtime..

I think a Hyper Vekoma SLC would do that job great!

I think a Intamin Megalite/Chance Hyper GT-X Coaster would be perfect!

Though a GCI/RMC would also be great, I see GCI more likely though as there pretty cheap.

10 hours ago, imindetonator said:

I think the park is in desperate need of a Airtime Machine, as currently none of Thorpe's lineup give good airtime..

I think a Hyper Vekoma SLC would do that job great!

I think a Intamin Megalite/Chance Hyper GT-X Coaster would be perfect!

Though a GCI/RMC would also be great, I see GCI more likely though as there pretty cheap.

+1 for the megalite.

Intamin and Mack megalites and chance hyper GT-X are essentially small hypers. Obviously they don't have the 200 foot hyper status but they have features which are very similar to those on a hyper coaster. (Lots of airtime for one!)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a hyper, but I don't see one in the foreseeable future, and a megalite/GT-X are the closest things to it.

• 3 weeks later...

For me it depends on what happens with loggers on what I'd rather, if Loggers is removed there'll only be Tidal wave!  (I don't include storm surge as I hate the ride) and rumba is just to tame! if thats the case an intamin aquatrax would be great in its place if it re opens I'd love a woodie.

3 hours ago, Josh3103 said:

I don't agree I think loggers should stay and a coaster should be put where Neptune beach depth charge and wet wet are now

I think a major coaster in that area is a awful idea.

First off Neptune's Beach is the first area you see in the park, so slamming a coaster there would probably look a tad ugly.

I haven't gauged the space Neptune's beach occupies, but I don't think they could fit a major coaster there?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/16/2016 at 0:05 AM, Martin Doyle said:

An RMC like The Joker at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom would simply be awesome at Thorpe park if it ever happened. Wouldn't mind a Maverick style coaster either. (nothing gimmicky, just a great roller coaster, a great roller coaster will always sell itself without any need for a fancy gimmick) 

I agree, but when will Thorpe ever put in a great coaster for the sake of putting in a great coaster? Everything's got to be world first or new. I would like to see them put a mack launched coaster in, but I think the chances of that are quite slim since there's already a launched coaster at the park.

I think gimmicks work well granted the actual gimmick makes the coaster a great coaster.

For example, Shambhala (yes I know, I can't go 10 seconds without bringing this up) was known as Europes highest roller coaster (tallest technically). And as far as I'm concerned, there aren't really any issues with the gimmick. The height is one of the best aspects of the coaster.

On the other hand, a gimmick such as "the worlds first 14 looping roller coaster" doesn't necessarily make the coaster a great coaster, it's simply just numbers and maybe aesthetics. I personally enjoy the smiler but I have heard of some people to dislike it.

But knowing Thorpe Park, they are without a doubt going to attempt a gimmick. Let's just hope it's a good one :good:

Thorpe Park shouldn't have ANOTHER big one added as their next coaster.

Thorpe is in desperate need of a new family coaster. There is only Flying Fish and X (correct me if I'm wrong). There needs to be more roller coasters everyone can go on together.

IMO it's kind of bad how there are more than double the big thrill coasters than small family ones.

26 minutes ago, Pinecone33 said:

Thorpe is in desperate need of a new family coaster. There is only Flying Fish and X (correct me if I'm wrong). There needs to be more roller coasters everyone can go on together.

IMO it's kind of bad how there are more than double the big thrill coasters than small family ones.

But Thorpe Park isn't really supposed to be a completely family oriented park.

It'll all come down to visitors, and I guarantee that they'd get more visitors with another big roller coaster.

37 minutes ago, Pinecone33 said:

Go to Chessington or Legoland. 

I would like to see a big Mack coaster at a Merlin park. I like their new experimental track switching stations being able to run different types of car on the same track. Merlin do prefer B&M though which is very good and silky smooth, but very expensive. Then the next Merlin would most likely choose would be a Gerstlauer which we all know how smooth they are, ugh! :rolleyes: I get headaches just thinking about Saw.

All that unused flat land North of Swarm island would be perfect to expand into. :) It's quite bare for attractions around Swarm island too.

I've heard rumours about a permanent hotel (No containers!) being built in the near future too which would definately rule out any new rollercoasters if that happens.

3 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I would like to see a big Mack coaster at a Merlin park. I like their new experimental track switching stations being able to run different types of car on the same track. Merlin do prefer B&M though which is very good and silky smooth, but very expensive. Then the next Merlin would most likely choose would be a Gerstlauer which we all know how smooth they are, ugh! :rolleyes: I get headaches just thinking about Saw.

All that unused flat land North of Swarm island would be perfect to expand into. :) It's quite bare for attractions around Swarm island too.

I've heard rumours about a permanent hotel (No containers!) being built in the near future too which would definately rule out any new rollercoasters if that happens.

http://www.southparks.co.uk/features/thorpe-park-resort-hotel/

The hotel has been planned for years and had some plans changed several times. It doesn't stop them building any rollercoasters at all. As far as I know the hotel money has already been budgeted for. 

• 4 weeks later...