Jump to content
JoshC.

The Walking Dead - The Ride: SPOILERS

Recommended Posts

On Tuesday there were no actors at all after the ride both times I rode it - first time that’s happened and it definitely enhances it having actors there.

 

Also the bloody corridors were SO dark - I’m surprised no ones had a bad injury, I could barely see anything ?

 

Also, I’m not the most observant of people but have they added that awful stench in the exit corridor recently?  Fairly sure I’ve not smelt it before - it’s right after one of the flaps (which I’ve since named the flaps of death because the smell is vile).  It’s the kind of smell that you can taste but not in a good way ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Don't think anyone in this has experienced the live version of the walking dead the ride pre show,but it's good,not much similar to the current pre show,but I also know the ride will be getting some changes for fright nights,which should be interesting,I already know what's been added but I won't spoil it,I was on the ride the other week and there were 3 actors and 2 of them just laid on the cafeteria tables and let the other actor do all the work,well this was on a 10am-10pm day so no surprise

Edited by NASHERTV_YT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Han30 said:

On Tuesday there were no actors at all after the ride both times I rode it - first time that’s happened and it definitely enhances it having actors there.

 

Also the bloody corridors were SO dark - I’m surprised no ones had a bad injury, I could barely see anything ?

 

Also, I’m not the most observant of people but have they added that awful stench in the exit corridor recently?  Fairly sure I’ve not smelt it before - it’s right after one of the flaps (which I’ve since named the flaps of death because the smell is vile).  It’s the kind of smell that you can taste but not in a good way ?

 

I had the exact the opposite the other week (Sunday 26th) - that was the first time I’ve had actors after riding it - pretty sure I’ve never been on and had actors in there before! Although I’ve not been to Thorpe that much this year and this was only the third time I’ve ridden :P 

 

The actors barely made a difference though...we came through the doors and they were just sat on the boxes, chatting, out of role...was pretty hilarious actually :lol:

 

And yeah I know what you mean about that corridor smell - it’s kinda like really bad breath :o  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mer said:

 

I had the exact the opposite the other week (Sunday 26th) - that was the first time I’ve had actors after riding it - pretty sure I’ve never been on and had actors in there before! Although I’ve not been to Thorpe that much this year and this was only the third time I’ve ridden :P 

 

The actors barely made a difference though...we came through the doors and they were just sat on the boxes, chatting, out of role...was pretty hilarious actually :lol:

 

And yeah I know what you mean about that corridor smell - it’s kinda like really bad breath :o  

I Agree the actors don't really add anything,however whenever I go through with my mates,we have a bit of fun by pretending to be scare actors,it's hillarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking dead has had some work over the few closed days - new theming in the queue line / exit scene area, the audio which was there to send in the next groups for a very short time is now back too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More changes on the ride - the Zombies in the cages on the last block brake run now fall towards the train when the trains stopped, in the exit there’s a new cage with barrels which move and bang against the cage.

 

In the queue line the barrels behind the fence seemed to be trying to do something but didn’t seem to be working tonight. 

 

Nice to to see the continued improvements!

 

I do wish the smoke machines could be re-adjusted to fire at the train as they did when it first opened!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ivsetti said:

Thorpe Park's website:

 

834229708_goodtoknow.JPG.4ba760afe2b68cb4ef80096a7deb5295.JPG

 

Great to know where TP ranks TWD:TR then

It’s the worlds scariest ride that’s all you need to know 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ivsetti said:

Thorpe Park's website:

 

834229708_goodtoknow.JPG.4ba760afe2b68cb4ef80096a7deb5295.JPG

 

Great to know where TP ranks TWD:TR then

Thorpe said themselves that TWD was more than a roller coaster. As a roller coaster, it is a bit naff, and everyone knows it.

 

It's a good thing Thorpe don't acknowledge it as one of the country's top coasters. It isn't, so it helps manage expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×