X

Garyy

I think it depends on the individual staff member, generally I've found newbies follow the rules exactly, I.e. one chaperone only (rest of group queue normally) exact time written on pass etc. and older more experienced ones just wing it and do whatever is easiest at the time and let as many on as you have with you etc.

You can usually tell the newbies, they have that 'rabbit caught in the headlights' look in their eyes :lol:

At Summer Nights we didn't bother with the pass, it did the person good to stand in a 5 minute queue with other humans (obviously I wouldn't make them suffer a long queue), believe it or not some people don't like using the Ride Access Pass system even when it's an absolute necessity for it, as it makes them feel segregated off from others.

But as I said, this must be a really new rule since on the very last Summer Nights evening I somehow ended up with an entire car to myself, I was the odd one out and nobody else was in the queue and they just said pick a seat and enjoy yourself lol.

None of the parks have the same rules about the RAP's either, which makes things even more complicated, Chessington it can be up to 4 in the party, Thorpe just one, Alton depends on ride etc.

Very true, you can especially tell this at LEGO or Chessie, say if I wanted to go on Scorpion Express with my little sister, sometimes they're fine with that, sometimes they say I have to sit with an adult, and then we had an issue on Sea Storm where they only let me and my mum on, no one else.

• 4 weeks later...

It is a stupid rule as it is, but on days when every ride is walk on and your in a group with an odd number of people, it really just gets annoying because you have to wait for another odd-numbered group to arrive... And why after all these years is it added now? Fair enough on busy days but on the quiet days, its just taking the mick.

If you're sat by yourself, the worker used to push the bar next to you right down, and then in theory you could get out.... So while annoying I can see why it was done - I hate rules that are put in after they realise a mistake though... Should have been bars like Ben10 with bars around both sides of the legs rather than in the middle, that way this rule wouldn't be needed.

who in the right mind would WANT to get out X whilst its moving though?? someone attempting suicide?? :lol:

Some stupid chav who thinks it's 'sick, innit' to try and break the safety rules by standing up on the ride. If I remeber correctly, in its first few years of operation, someone did climb out, but only because he thought it was the end of the ride.

What were the bars/trains like before the forwards evolution to 'X' because I can't remember...

But this issue of single riders could get out would have been an issue since it opened in 2013 :/

If I remember correctly it was just a single restraint for both people, like the scorpion express' for example.

• 3 weeks later...

I rode it yesterday, with a whole train waiting for me, the single rider to step on the platform, as I announced to all "it's okay, I'm here, we can go now!" crackers.

Did look out for you yesterday, assumed you wouldn't have bothered with the lack of stealth!

The rule is nuts. Bottom lime is if you want to get out you can get out, but anyone with an ounce of sense knows not to. You can't rule out utter utter buffoonery on that level.

• 4 months later...