Colossus

Adam J

They won't send the train in the station until the previous train has stopped in the brakes. They used to 5+ years ago and the lift motor would slow down/stop (like the Swarm nowadays) to compensate. However, the ride would shut down so often due to motor problems, not wanting to start up again basically, (and therefore people needing to be evacuated off the lift hill much more frequently) that they decided to stop doing it.

Merch pics? Anyone?

Noticed that you haven't had a reply yet - not got any pics but if you haven't got the Colossus resin, it is nice (though it isn't new this year) - not really taken a great deal of notice re: Colossus Merch apart from a hoodie I bought on one of my trips this year which was on sale for a bargain price of £12 (with discount) - they do have some rather cute teddies aswell but they are orange and blue :blink:

You know that running joke with Colossus?

11223958_1137725879586172_74840378337320

The one about painting it?

11049501_1137725932919500_19861059356914

Well they've listened. For this bit a least.

1610928_1137726032919490_411651939086369

Yay it's grey and dull. Will fit in much nicer with Saw now! :)

Seriously though, it's just this piece and a cross beam on the cobra roll. I'm guessing it's something structural/stress related but I've no idea! Anyone else know what's going on?

Slightly off topic but yesterday Colossus was running half a train service, literally a whole huge section in the middle wasn't being used, and it seemed to be squeaking... Like really loudly. No idea what's going on but was one of the most jolty rides I've ever had with a constant squeaking to go along with it :/

Hoping that is an undercoat and we might see a pretty, brand-new looking Colossus not too far from now... At least I can dream :)