Colossus

Adam J

You kids of today have no stamina, back when I went to school they made us do neck exercises, mind you they also gave me the cane for telling my French teacher to **** off in her natuive tounge so I guess things have changed a bit over the years...

It's not to do with that, it's just quite an intense ride for some. I find Saw smooth and this very rickety as Paige said. Each to their own!

11141771_803709689684332_395248090921940

Well despite being at the end of the Easter holidays and two months in to season, Colossus still seems to be on one train and the park have made these signs within the ride area.

Source- Theme Park Guide

When will thisone train stuff be ome much less of a thing?

It's not been a very good year for ride reliability in the UK and were barely a quarter in to the season.

Out of sheer interest, does anyone know how much would it cost to invest in a new set of trains and would any other elements of the ride need to be altered to accommodate it?

I am merely curious, as perhaps if it's such a frequent issue this may have been something Thorpe considered, but scrapped due to pricing and the like? I know it's something many bang on about anyway at the very least. 

What confuses me is the lack of common sense within the department, Colossus has been running on one train over the whole of easter with no notice whatsoever that queue times will be extended, however as soon as the peak season ends, they decide to put a sign up notify people it's on a reduced capacity when it's going to have a smaller impact on guests?

It's not going to be much of a problem throughout the next few off-peak weeks, as they would be running one train anyway even if they had two ready.

Having put these signs up, they must be expecting Colossus to be on one train for the foreseeable future or for an extended period of time. It's not too much of a problem at the moment, as it hasn't hit over 100mins all easter, however if it is only operating one train during the summer months then we are going to see serious issues as it easily hits 140mins on two trains during the summer holidays.

What confuses me is the lack of common sense within the department, Colossus has been running on one train over the whole of easter with no notice whatsoever that queue times will be extended, however as soon as the peak season ends, they decide to put a sign up notify people it's on a reduced capacity when it's going to have a smaller impact on guests?

It's not going to be much of a problem throughout the next few off-peak weeks, as they would be running one train anyway even if they had two ready.

Having put these signs up, they must be expecting Colossus to be on one train for the foreseeable future or for an extended period of time. It's not too much of a problem at the moment, as it hasn't hit over 100mins all easter, however if it is only operating one train during the summer months then we are going to see serious issues as it easily hits 140mins on two trains during the summer holidays.

Everytime I went over easter holiday there was a member of staff out the front telling everyone that it was on reduced capacity so I'm assuming now its going back to off peak they don't have the staff to have someone out the front of the ride and thus put a sign up.

Everytime I went over easter holiday there was a member of staff out the front telling everyone that it was on reduced capacity so I'm assuming now its going back to off peak they don't have the staff to have someone out the front of the ride and thus put a sign up.

When I went there was no notification of the reduced capacity whatsoever, however it was pretty ovbious as the queue was moving so damn slow despite being only 15minutes.

The sign is only really needed for weekends as coasters are run on one train on weekdays regardless unless the queue gets to a substantial level. However, I'm sure they hire out enough staff on weekends to place one at the entrance when the park is busy. The sign is useful in a respect, however not completely necessary for these upcoming weeks. The sign will become particularly useful if the rollercoaster continues to run on reduced capacity over the upcoming holiday.

• 2 weeks later...