Stealth

Dan_Rush

Haha!

Queueline TV's are good. I like them - however I don't think that The Swarm's are very good really and that women's voice constantly talking for hours/ages really gets on my nerves.

Oblivion is an example of good queueline TV's - they actually build up tension you get breaks between them - they are not dotted around the whole queue so that you have to listen to them for the entire queue.

I disagree, The Swarm is fine, where as 15 years ago when I spent 2 hours in the queue for Oblivion watching it break down all the time, that TV did my head in.

Stealth should have queueline TVs as well, showing drag racing or something to get you in the mood.

It's ridiculously easy to knock up a cheap video to 'explain' the ride to people in the queue. These videos rarely have any actual entertainment value (eg The Swarm's patronising scriptwriting) and are an unimaginative way to tell a story.

Some parks overuse them so much that each ride's theme is ultimately determined by "what's on the tv this time?" boring! But I'm partial to some of the Oblivion videos because of their dark one-liners and delivery.

Well I just had to say all that because these bad attempts at preshows are everywhere now I found The Swarm's spoof news report so bad that it was funny at first, but now it's just grating. :P

I disagree, The Swarm is fine, where as 15 years ago when I spent 2 hours in the queue for Oblivion watching it break down all the time, that TV did my head in.

Stealth should have queueline TVs as well, showing drag racing or something to get you in the mood.

That's what Stealth's queueline TV's originally had playing in 2006. I'm sure it was old footage of Thunder Road Grease-style racing, and drag racing but I'm not sure this lasted beyond the end of the 2006 season. The original queueline video loop must still be knocking around somewhere. I do wish they'd sort WWTP out though because it sounds absolutely atrocious.

Am I the only person who's incredibly bothered by the Union Jack being flown on the photo booth's roof?

That's what Stealth's queueline TV's originally had playing in 2006. I'm sure it was old footage of Thunder Road Grease-style racing, and drag racing but I'm not sure this lasted beyond the end of the 2006 season. The original queueline video loop must still be knocking around somewhere. I do wish they'd sort WWTP out though because it sounds absolutely atrocious.

Am I the only person who's incredibly bothered by the Union Jack being flown on the photo booth's roof?

I thought WWTP sounded better recently than it had done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...