The Swarm

JoshC.

Last season, the billboard graphics were replaced. Previously they just used vinyl(?) which had already started to peel off and look a bit naff. So they used a better material to ensure it lasts longer, but never got "hell" put back over it, for unknown reasons.

Ok , thank you [emoji106]. It just been bugging me since the beginning of this season as to why they did it. No big problems though, the billboard still looks very good!

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

So the fire is only turned on now when there is more than 8000 on park? 

I don't think so.  This seems to be one of, if not, the, first day this season the fire effect has been operational this season, and I'm pretty confident that the park have had more than 8k visitors previously this season.  So if that is the case, then it must be a very recent decision.

I think a possibility of why we haven't seen it much this season is because they had to get the effect signed off from an independent inspector again and it just took a bit of time to happen.

1 hour ago, BaronC. said:

I don't think so.  This seems to be one of, if not, the, first day this season the fire effect has been operational this season, and I'm pretty confident that the park have had more than 8k visitors previously this season.  So if that is the case, then it must be a very recent decision.

I think a possibility of why we haven't seen it much this season is because they had to get the effect signed off from an independent inspector again and it just took a bit of time to happen.

Ah fair enough, I was going by the comment on that photo

Good its back anyway

Maybe it's not if the park hits 8K but is budgeted for 8K? But to not even his 8K on a lovely warm Saturday at the beginning of half term either shows how many people are waiting for DB or how much they are still struggling. Considering most Saturday's were around the 10K mark a few years ago it isn't great. 

15 hours ago, OliIzzy said:

It wasn't working both times I went on today 

It wasn't not working. It's not supposed to trigger every ride circuit,  they set it to go off every so many circuits. The most frequent I think I've seen is every other, and I think it goes as low as one in 8? 

3 hours ago, pluk said:

It wasn't not working. It's not supposed to trigger every ride circuit,  they set it to go off every so many circuits. The most frequent I think I've seen is every other, and I think it goes as low as one in 8? 

Ah let me clarify for you, I was in the queue the first time for about an hour, it didn't go off at all in that hour and again at the end of the day for about 15 minutes in the queue, again nothing, so basically the 2 times I was in the area which totalled about an hour and fifteen it did not go off, definitely more than 8 circuits were witnessed, lowest I've seen it when in a long summer queue and counting was 1 in 3, so I'll take it as either it wasn't working or it wasn't switched on.

The fire effect wasn't on yesterday - I love the fire, especially at night when it's dark and a tad chilling.  I've also noticed on busy days that the fire effect is used about 1 in every 3 rides - I've been on it before with the fire going off and hadn't noticed though, to be fair I am not the most observant of people (putting it mildly!)

When the coasters were all on around an hour + queue yesterday we headed over to Swarm which, according to the queue, was listed as 50 mins - at the entrance it said that the queue time was "up to 90 minutes" but you could see from just looking that it was nowhere near that - we got on after about 15 mins.

I sat next to a lady who was with her partner and her child and a couple of his friends - when she asked if she could sit next to me so she could be on the same train as her family I was fine with it and asked which seat she wanted to sit in - she told me she hadn't ridden it before so I pretty much told her to sit on the outside seat - had a lovely chat with her in the station and then going up the lift hill - she was laughing all the way through the ride with the odd "eeeeek" and when we stopped she said "oh that was amazing, I'm going to go on again" - I love having random chats with people at theme parks (the only place I feel comfortable plucking up a conversation with a stranger) and seeing peoples reactions on rides.  There was a guy on Stealth that made me laugh - as we were coming down from the top hat he started screaming "FOC********* HELL" whilst laughing like a loon.

I thought operations on Swarm were really good - staff were pretty quick with restraint checking - on my last visit it seemed to take forever waiting for the train in the station to be despatched whilst the other one was waiting aimlessly just outside the station.

• 1 month later...

When I went on Monday, they had fire effect on about every 5 trains and I managed to get the fire effect on ride 3 times.

However, the fire effect was much better in 2014 as it actually happened when you were at the top of the zero G roll rather than at the bottom of the drop, has that changed for a safety reason? (Be warned, I ask a lot of questions;))

1 hour ago, Equoaster said:

When I went on Monday, they had fire effect on about every 5 trains and I managed to get the fire effect on ride 3 times.

However, the fire effect was much better in 2014 as it actually happened when you were at the top of the zero G roll rather than at the bottom of the drop, has that changed for a safety reason? (Be warned, I ask a lot of questions;))

I certainly felt the heat today going through after the blast, it was hot.