The Swarm

JoshC.

Well it clearly wasn't a last minute choice where engineers came in one day and decided to turn them around. Thorpe could have at least removed a fence, I know merlin were trying to put up as many fences as possible this year but taking down some cant have been too hard. Not removing it from the queue time board is an amazingly simple job and would have consisted of changing a single setting. How can a park not get something so simple right.

Always thought it odd for them to change the back 2 rows to go backwards - especially after the ride had only been running for one season.  For me, going backwards is pointless as you don't experience the near misses - the only good thing I will say is the first drop I found was better going backwards. 

Well it clearly wasn't a last minute choice where engineers came in one day and decided to turn them around. Thorpe could have at least removed a fence, I know merlin were trying to put up as many fences as possible this year but taking down some cant have been too hard. Not removing it from the queue time board is an amazingly simple job and would have consisted of changing a single setting. How can a park not get something so simple right.

They just want to wind you up Project LC.

• 3 weeks later...

The Swarm's area ambience music was off today - either that or they've edited the You Me At Six instrumental part out, as it definitely wasn't playing.  The area didn't feel atmospheric without it, hopefully it's just a temporary problem rather than a permanent change.

It was good to get back on the back row facing the right way round!

Quick question: Why, on the billboard, where it said "Take a flight into hell", has the word hell been rubbed out and it now just says paradise? I really hope it's not due to some more Asylum style protestors...

Last season, the billboard graphics were replaced.  Previously they just used vinyl(?) which had already started to peel off and look a bit naff.  So they used a better material to ensure it lasts longer, but never got "hell" put back over it, for unknown reasons.