Angry Birds Land

Marc

On 8/6/2023 at 11:29 PM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

I think Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride could easily be relocated to the area. The ride hasn’t operated much this season. Reading between the lines I think this is in preparation for its relocation to Angry Birds Land. 

Mr Monkey's wouldn't be the easiest ride to relocate, since pirate ships tend to have a hole for the ride mechanism. It would also be a largely pointless endeavour, as what would go in its space?

The ride had been closed as they were awaiting parts from the manufacturer, which were order before the end of last season, and only arrived in late June I believe.

Alternatively is there a slim possibility Rocky Express could resurrect and move to the area currently occupied by Angry Birds Land. Finally I’d like to say Cheif Rangers Carousel is in storage.

Rocky Express isn't coming back.

Chief Ranger's Carousel isn't in storage. Even if it was, having been in storage for 9 years, it would be better to buy a new one than try and start up an old one.

What are you theories on what could replace Angry Birds Land for 2024, additionally in an ideal world what would you like Angry Birds Land to be rethemed to? 

I know many people long for Angry Birds Land to be reintegrated with the rest of Amity Cove. If you’re one of these people can you tell me what you think the fate of the Dogems etc should be.

On 8/7/2023 at 9:54 AM, Benin said:

Retheme Dodgems into a garage. Nice and easy job to fit into Amity.

Unfortunately I think Thorpe are in a "there are no themed areas" mood under current management. Though it's hard to keep track of that these days.

Quick and simple Amity retheme for the area is best in my books.

Dodgems goes to a garage / pit stop theme.

Detonator is Detonator. Leave it as it is.

Teacups can be rethemed at some point once the Dobble partnership ends.

Only issue is the 4D cinema, which does still pull in a crowd and the numbers, surprisingly. But a custom 4D film, or just some random IP chucked in there, does the job in my books.

22 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Thorpe needs a decent Family area more than ever. With the removal of Old Town for the construction of Project Exodus there’s hardly anything for Families. 

One thing I've noticed with the park is that their events, and even the Thrillmakers show, is targeted more towards a younger market. Carnival especially, but also Mardi Gras, definitely has a leaning towards to children with the shows, and a more family feel. Whether this is the park's way of answering the need for more family stuff, or if it's in preparation of a larger family market push, is unclear.

22 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Does anyone else hope I’m correct and Thorpe Park will reintroduce the Thorpe Park Rangers.

Leave the Rangers in past in my opinion. They haven't been relevant for almost 20 years, and I don't think they have a place in the modern day.

19 hours ago, Mark9 said:

What is currently relevant but won't be in a years time. Thats probably the best clue if Angry Birds was to be rethemed.

Ahhh, so we're going for Prime then? World's first area themed to a drink?

I think the area will need a big spruce up if they choose to retheme it entirely to something else or even if they even just give it a neutral theme to merge the lands of Amity to the Jungle. Obviously Thorpe are focusing less on the lands but I think things the 4D cinema could really use some newer effects as it is showing its age. I do doubt they will spend the money to do that though if they haven’t already. 

On 8/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, JoshC. said:

“Mr Monkey's wouldn't be the easiest ride to relocate, since pirate ships tend to have a hole for the ride mechanism. It would also be a largely pointless endeavour, as what would go in its space?

The ride had been closed as they were awaiting parts from the manufacturer, which were order before the end of last season, and only arrived in late June I believe”. 

@JoshC. there’s obviously a shortage of parts for Pirate Ship rides. There’s a Pirate Ship called Pirate’s Of The Seven Sea’s at my local Theme Park Camel Creek. This ride has been broken for months. When I visited Camel Creek I asked what was happening to it. I was told the ride is awaiting a part. Apparently it has to be custom made. I wonder if Mr Monkey’s Banana Ride has the same problem. I believe Pirate’s Of The Seven Sea’s needs a new motor.

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Do we think with the recent announcement of brand change number 236 and Angry Birds land being 10 years old this season, we could see a change to this area? Thoughts? 

I hope so. Its a dead IP now (always was really) and there did seem to be some talk about changes coming to angry bird land in the passholders group earlier this year. Would make sense to do it at the same time as a rebrand.

Would love to see the return of the black hole music on Detonator

44 minutes ago, Cal said:

I hope so. Its a dead IP now (always was really) and there did seem to be some talk about changes coming to angry bird land in the passholders group earlier this year. Would make sense to do it at the same time as a rebrand.

Yes! Even just the original countdown would be amazing 

5… DUN DUN

48 minutes ago, Cal said:

Think with them confirming a new identity with new soundtracks and loss of 'island theme' this is unlikely, but I agree and would like it to return too! 

9 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Think with them confirming a new identity with new soundtracks and loss of 'island theme' this is unlikely, but I agree and would like it to return too! 

@Mattgwise I think with the rebranding Thorpe will return to being a Family Theme Park. On hindsight I think last year was a sign of Thorpe becoming Family oriented. Thorpe opened to Family attractions last year with Highstriker and a new Play Park joining the lineup.

I seriously hope Thorpe’s rebranding sees the return of The Thorpe Park Rangers. With Mr Monkeys Bannna Boat receiving a replacement part I think it has many years left at Thorpe Park. In addition Angry Birds is within close proximity to Mr Monkeys Bannana Boat. On a group I belong to Thorpe asked what people would like to replace Angry Birds Land. Many peoples answer was an area themed to The Thorpe Park Rangers. 

I think the Thorpe Park Rangers will return to Thorpe next year in some capacity  the fact Thorpe asked its visitors what they’d like to replace Angry Birds Land makes me think the Rangers will return. 90% of the people who replied to Thorpe’s question stated they’d like a area for the Rangers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Amity is scrapped and is rethemed to a jungle. A large proportion of what used to be Amity is now The Rainforest.

Last season it was hinted that the addition of Highstriker and the Play Park was the start of Thorpe’s rides being more diverse. On the same video that mentioned Highstriker and the Play Park it was said that Thorpe will be a thrilling Theme Park aimed at an elder clientele but will receive a few new Family rides.

What do you think Thorpe’s rebranding means for the Theme Parks future? Furthermore do you think it’s a releastic expectation to think Angry Birds Land will be rethemed to an area centred around the Thorpe Park Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...

I would hope / imagine that by "brand new area" they decide to keep within the Amity/American realm, even if it's just a different era.

The Tidal Wave side is a bit more 50s/60s. Stealth side is 60s/70s. American 80s style for example would work.

Alternatively, bringing the Fright Nights schools into their own area could work. They seem to resonate with people and do well merch-wise.

The park have confirmed it's a retheme with no new rides, but a new 4D film is coming.

Yeah, something nice and simple will be their best bet here. Anything they do with the retheme next year will just be overshadowed by Hyperia anyway, so doesn't make much sense to try to open new rides and such within the area (well, not for next season anyway).

I just hope the retheme is a little more than just getting rid of the bird theming pieces and a coat of paint on the buildings - that area of Amity has been ripped from our hands over the last 10 years, it's time for the park to return it to what it should rightfully be - a coherent Amity.

They’re going to have a busy closed season this year aren’t they!

Seems like good news, long overdue - Angry Birds was a (bizarre) throwback even when this land was originally announced.

Mad to think that Angry Birds launched in 2009, meaning many of the 17 year olds visiting the park today were still in nappies when their parents downloaded the app on their phone…

1 hour ago, JoshC. said:

I would hope / imagine that by "brand new area" they decide to keep within the Amity/American realm, even if it's just a different era.

The Tidal Wave side is a bit more 50s/60s. Stealth side is 60s/70s. American 80s style for example would work.

Alternatively, bringing the Fright Nights schools into their own area could work. They seem to resonate with people and do well merch-wise.

The park have confirmed it's a retheme with no new rides, but a new 4D film is coming.

I wonder if pirates 4d could still be used. The kids nowadays don’t know how fun it was…. Or perhaps get Disney on the phone and the Star Wars film installed. 

in all seriousness though my prediction is a new film produced directed and acted by the silkstone squad.