Angry Birds Land

Marc

Sorry Benin, but they look identical to the ones in the concept art, you should of been expecting this from the start.

Actually want to build on this - if we compare the plans to real life, so far, everything that has been said to be in the plans has been included.

It will probably come as little solace to those who moaned that the plans have been rubbish all along, but it's a good sign in my opinion. With Thorpe's projects in recent year, not everything from the plans has come to life. Stealth's grandstand queue, Fish's lack of scenery, Saw had more exterior theming around the building, Swarm had a car embedding in the church and more that I've probably forgotten about. Indeed, it's a general thing across the Merlin parks it seems. It's a good sign to see that everything they planned came to fruition, which would imply no budget cuts and everything went smoothly.

Just something for everyone to bare in mind I think. :)

Sorry Benin, but they look identical to the ones in the concept art, you should of been expecting this from the start.

Oh well that's ok then, excuses the cheapness for the area completely that does...

I've already mentioned about the lack of quality in this investment, and I can't be bothered in repeat it...

I think the one thing which has got to me about both thorpe park and alton towers is the fact that they have to rely on IPs to bring people in. In reality they shouldnt have to do that. They should be able to come up with stories and brands that bring people in and not have to rely on already made stories/brands created by other companies. I do have to say from the pictures ive seen, I do like the way it has been displayed, same with cbeebies land at alton towers. But the theme parks shouldnt have got to the point where theyve got to rely on other brands.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Oh well that's ok then, excuses the cheapness for the area completely that does...

I've already mentioned about the lack of quality in this investment, and I can't be bothered in repeat it...

What were you really expecting, none of us were expecting a high scale investment. I love to criticise the sh**e out of this park, but on this occasion I am actually really liking this addition.

Start posting responses with some real value or just don't post, either way, we get it, your not a fan of it!

^ It's not that you're the only one to have "the guts" to say it. It's well known a lot of his posts can be bland and negative, so nobody bothers to mention it any more. Plus he's not the only one. We're all guilty of such posts...

As for the cars, I don't mind them. Sadly I'll probably never ride them because the queues might be horrific. I do quite like the actual area though, it brings the place to life!

But Alton Towers just made a completely new roller coaster with a storyline and own theme and it pulled loads of people in, surely that's enough to show they don't just rely on IPs?

Thats true, but then their next investment shouldve been something of their own again and not relying on IPs. Theyve proved theyve got a creative team, who can create full immursive stories, by why do they have to just keep that for the thrill seeking market? Why not create their own stories for the younger market as well? Because I'm pretty sure their probably capable of doing so.

You cant be bothered to repeat it, yet that is ALL you do in this topic, how about you button it!?

Your really starting to **** me off, and probably a few others, I just happen to have the balls to say it.

What were you really expecting, none of us were expecting a high scale investment. I love to criticise the sh**e out of this park, but on this occasion I am actually really liking this addition.

Start posting responses with some real value or just don't post, either way, we get it, your not a fan of it!

As if I actually give a complete damn about what you or others think of me...

I'm glad you made the time to post a rant at me though, I feel special, I may print it out, get it framed and put it up on my wall... Much honour, wow, etc...

It's not exactly my fault that Merlin parks cannot reach the standard I want them to reach come the end of the day... Low end investments are of course needed in the environment of theme parks, but does that mean that we should just accept low quality additions as a result of it just because? It's that sort of reaction to new additions that will result in them becoming a constant after all...

Especially this actually, given the likelihood (based upon other UK IP area successes) that it will pull in the punters, will it make Merlin want to really push the boat out in future additions? Even with the likes of Smiler, Sub Terra and Scorpion Express, all of which are lacking in various aspects of their individual selves, none of them really 'prove' to me that Merlin are really that capable of building something with a complete wow factor... But as they follow the results of KPIs, that the rides might lack in a critical state, be it drainage, theming (or lack of), it seems that having a fully immersive ride or area (say for example, being able to see backstage of Scorpion Express on ride) isn't being recognised enough by them...

Is this being needlessly negative? Probably, especially when Thorpe did make a good choice in bringing back both Dodgems and the Cinema (something I said when the first rumours came out actually, funny how my positive views get forgotten isn't it?), but then bringing in the IP to me does show an inability of the park to either feel confident in pushing the boat out theming wise for the family market using individual themes pre-existing in the park, or have looked at the successes of Thomas Land and Peppa Pig and want a bite of the apple, meaning that it was purely a business decision for a quick fix to tie-in with the rebrand for family audiences...

tl;dr - Blah, blah, blah, negativity, blah!

It's a discussion forum, with multiple opinions.

^ It's not that you're the only one to have "the guts" to say it. It's well known a lot of his posts can be bland and negative, so nobody bothers to mention it any more. Plus he's not the only one. We're all guilty of such posts...

As for the cars, I don't mind them. Sadly I'll probably never ride them because the queues might be horrific. I do quite like the actual area though, it brings the place to life!

Bland and negative suits this post, my response is above.

I for one am looking forward to this, purely because I love angry birds, that's the whole point isn't it? The guests love angry birds so it's a step in the right direction in relation to getting more guests. Only we are the ones that analyse everything but we're not the general public, we make up about 1% of the people that go. Imagine young kids walking into the area, they will love it. Surely that matters rather than picking holes and stuff. Like it's been said, they've followed the plan and yet it's still not right?

It's a discussion forum, with multiple opinions.

Bland and negative suits this post, my response is above.

I for one am looking forward to this, purely because I love angry birds, that's the whole point isn't it? The guests love angry birds so it's a step in the right direction in relation to getting more guests. Only we are the ones that analyse everything but we're not the general public, we make up about 1% of the people that go. Imagine young kids walking into the area, they will love it. Surely that matters rather than picking holes and stuff. Like it's been said, they've followed the plan and yet it's still not right?

Which is why I said that we're all guilty of it, including you love.