New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/images/other/2016parkplan.jpg

On this picture at the bottom by the Fungle site you can see an entertainment area set back and a fast food restaurant coming out of the Nemesis Inferno shop/ Studio 13 building, obviously I don't have a clue but the proposed plans might have changed and a building such as a restaurant or fast food joint might be going on the Fungle site rather than being part of the existing building. Sitting on front row in the Nemesis Inferno station you could see on the service road throughout last season there was a lot of bricks in bags, patio heaters and tables and chairs... but totally speculation of course.

I wouldn't take much notice of that plan, it is quite an old plan, I think it was released in mid 2010 with the last MTDP. I know it says '2016 park plan' in the link, but it is a very old plan. 

Edit: 

The plans where submitted with this 'proposal' which does indeed highlight the key features in that plan.

Outline planning application for Medium Tern Development plan for period 2010 - 2016 for installation of 5 no. round rides (each not to exceed a static height of 25m); up to two roller coasters (one not to exceed a maximum height of 40m and one not to exceed a maximum height of 50m); and buildings (floorspace up to 5,000sqm) and general park improvements including provision of recycling facility, new island bridge links, supplementary car park lighting, upgrade works to the theme park admissions area and re-alignment of developable zone( known as Pink Zone) 

Haven't been on here for a while, and after all this activity on this thread, I was hoping to read about exciting developments for 2015 :P

Can anyone confirm - is Pizza Hut definitely going? Thanks in advance.

Pizza Hut is going, to be replaced with own brand Pizza/Pasta Buffet, same as Chessington, Legoland and Alton Towers.

Sitting on front row in the Nemesis Inferno station you could see on the service road throughout last season there was a lot of bricks in bags, patio heaters and tables and chairs... but totally speculation of course.

I think those are from Pizza Hut's outdoor seating area (soon to be replaced by the extension of course!) :)

• 3 weeks later...

So anybody still think we'll see anything new...

I was thinking about Feb half term and wondered why Nemesis Inferno isn't going to be open when Nemesis at Alton would be... So possibly there may be something going in the fungle spot for this year. If the question is what then we'll see when Feb half term is on and if the flying fish is where it is and open, as I'm still convinced for some reason it is going to be moved to fungle site and given some sort of scorpion express style treatment. I don't see why it was closed early for it not to be open half term as I don't understand why Thorpe hasn't advertised flying fish and X as being open when they are obvious choices.

They would be foolish not to add something. The fungle spot wont see a new ride until after 2016 as its being used as an access point for construction. I think we will see something new, with merlins may opening obsession they still have time to make it. If not we are just seeing a year where their main advertisement is "queue-less park". 

Do we know that for sure about the construction access? And I doubt it's difficult for them to get planning permission as angry birds land wasn't an issue and the 2016 ride has now been given permission, unlike the strict rules of Lego land where the park is basically never going to be allowed to get bigger and therefore busier! And as you said a new ride won't be open til a few months into the season anyway so probably won't see anything yet!

So anybody still think we'll see anything new...

I was thinking about Feb half term and wondered why Nemesis Inferno isn't going to be open when Nemesis at Alton would be... So possibly there may be something going in the fungle spot for this year. If the question is what then we'll see when Feb half term is on and if the flying fish is where it is and open, as I'm still convinced for some reason it is going to be moved to fungle site and given some sort of scorpion express style treatment. I don't see why it was closed early for it not to be open half term as I don't understand why Thorpe hasn't advertised flying fish and X as being open when they are obvious choices.

I wouldn't read too much into the Feb half term thing yet.  The full line up hasn't been announced yet (at least, I don't think so?).  Last time I checked, it was just Stealth (their big thing), Swarm (their latest big new thing) and ABL (their new thing) on the list.  The full line up is probably going to come in the next couple of weeks.

If Flying Fish were to move, they'd require planning permission and nothing has been submitted.  If the park wanted it to happen, then it would be easiest for it to happen for start of season, so I'd doubt that we'd see planning permission soon for it to happen mid-season.  So I doubt that will happen.  I think the main reason for Fish's early closure was due to maintenance / engineering being understaffed.  Like PLC, I'm expecting the Fungle spot to primarily be used as an access point for works for the 2016 site, and maybe to give a slight extension to the path.

I doubt we'll see anything new this season.  The best I'm hoping for it a retheme of Rumba Rapids or Canada Creek; both are of dire need of TLC and a retheme would be a reasonably cheap and easy way to get a 'new' thing for this season.  Even if we don't get anything new, I'm sure Thorpe will have their ways of pulling in the masses.

They would be foolish not to add something. The fungle spot wont see a new ride until after 2016 as its being used as an access point for construction. I think we will see something new, with merlins may opening obsession they still have time to make it. If not we are just seeing a year where their main advertisement is "queue-less park". 

We have a full year of your constant cynicism though, I'm just thinking of the positives.

The same attitude that created Thorpe's current complete lack of identity. 

Not that I'm claiming Rn'R has been completely worked out, a 'queue-less park' is a pretty big advertisement... so what do you propose that you think they still have the time to install this season which would grab the general public's attention more? 

I still think they should go with the 'spring cleaning' option someone said around here a while ago. Quite a lot of the park could do with a facelift. Rumba, Canada Creek and parts are lost city feel very fun down and even parts like Inferno, Amity (Stealth's sign is a washout) and even ABL could have some TLC done to them.

Just market next year's ride and clean the park up I say (and maybe reopen the CCR).

I have recently seen the newly created Disneyland advert which advertises their free fastpass plus system. I am not sure how this system differs to thorpe if we go into detail but the two systems look roughly the same.

I reckon thorpe will be advertising Reserve N Ride as the "big thing" this year, the new advertisement from Disney looks like a tactical move to sneak in before thorpe as thorpe will be trying to make this the new big thing in the theme park world.

Of course I could be wrong, it does seem to me that Disney know what thorpe are up to and are trying to play their cards right. I may be completely off course though.

I don't see why Thorpe would advertise Reserve n Ride as heavily as people are suggesting.  I expect there will be more trials and they'll be more ambitious with the idea, but I don't think the park are going to start saying 'Come to THORPE PARK and try Reserve n Ride - tomorrow's queueless theme park...today', or something like that.

And yeah, Disney aren't going to care about Thorpe.  It's one park owned by Merlin with a much more targeted audience than Disney.  They're not going to push one of their ideas more because another, much smaller, park is doing a similar system.