Your Plans for 2015

Simple thread really - what theme parks are you thinking of visiting in 2015?  What trips have you got planned, are in the middle of planning or still umming and ahhing over?

---

For me, this year should be very exciting.  

-Merlin-wise, I'll of course be making the most of Thorpe still, fitting in as many trips as possible.  I'll also aim to go up to Towers a couple of times too.  Legoland and Chessington are unlikely though; Legoland just doesn't have enough to entice me unless I know enough people already planning on going, and well, Chessington just upsets me these days...

-UK-wise, I hope to return to Drayton to see the Thomas Land extension and to go back for another visit.  Realistically, Paultons and AI are on the cards as well (AI almost almost happened in 2014, but alas not), but I guess I'll have to see.  

-Europe-wise is the most interesting and exciting for me though, of course.  Liseberg (and Helix) are calling me, and that seems likely to happen at the end of August / beginning of September.  I've also really wanted to go to the likes of Efteling, Toverland and Phantasialand for a good few years, and I think I now have the time and money to make that a reality this year! 

^ Wha?

If I get the job at Chessington it may stop me from attending some meets... But also will give me reason to visit more merlin parks.

At the same time, I'd like to visit Chessington at least, if I don't get the job, 5 times. I don't think I'll ever beat my record of 17 trips to Thorpe in 1 year, and seeing as I didn't visit Towers last year, that's a must, hopefully twice.

Now I know I live near Peaj, I have more of a reason to come to meets then ever ^_^

Hopefully as many visits to Blackpool Pleasure Beach as possible considering I have a 2015 season pass and should be able to drive soon, as well as plenty of visits to Thorpe (as it's only 40 minutes down the road), some to Chessington, a fair few to Alton Towers and then some other UK parks such as Fun City, Brean and Oakwood.  Two parks which I have never visited, but have been on my radar for parks I must visit at some point are Adventure Island and Pleasurewood hills, so hopefully I will get to visit at least one of these.

Not bothering with anything Merlin in the UK, no point visiting...

Elsewhere, will do a few UK parks far and wide, see how many I can get really on that front...

Europe should have Italy, Leipzig, Denmark, Finland, Holland and Belgium... Plus a trip or two to DLP (including this weekend), and maybe Europa somewhere...

I think this year will be a good one! For definite, TP, CWOA, AT, BPB (determined to go this year), Oakwood and Liseberg. Liseberg is a place which I have wanted to go to for a while and at the moment I'm very fortunate to have a great job so I have the money, so why not, lifes too short hey :P but yeah likelys are Drayton Manor, Flamingo land and maybe another abroad park if I have the time :P But yeah will be a year I want to make the most out of.

From now until June I have very little plans to visit any theme parks due to exams coming up. I will probably visit Thorpe once and Chessington once and that will be it.

But late June/early July I have made a few plans. I will be going up to Towers for two days and then I will be going down to Blackpool to see how good it really is and experience some of the attractions around Blackpool for a couple of days as well.

The rest of the year I will probably visit Chessington and Thorpe a couple more times and I will take a visit to Drayton, Paultons and possibly DLP, depending on funds. 

Should hopefully be a decent half a year of theme parks for me!

Already done

Brighton Pier

Definitely

Thorpe (several times)

Chessington

Legoland

Likely

Alton Towers

Disney Land Paris

Paultons

Drayton Manor

Hopefully

Parc Asterix

Oakwood

Efteling (depending on money & finding any one else who wants to go)

(One of matt creek's problems is he is like a skeleton, he has no body to go with)

Like Jason, I have exams so won't be doing much at the start of the year. From then I will visit Thorpe and Brighton pier several times and should hopefully be visiting Alton twice, Drayton Manor and Flamingo land. In October I'm in Florida for 15 days which I'm very exited about,  as I've never done a park outside of the UK.

Certainly never going to beat last year for theme parks ever again... Was a ridiculous amount for me, usually it's finding people to go with considering I work most week ends! Used up all my holidays from work and my rota comes out 4 weeks in advance so difficult to plan..

Thorpe Park - half term is a must as well as as many trips as possible including 1 or 2 to fright nights.

Alton Towers - potentially half term, will probably visit for a couple of nights with my family, along with a couple of other visits, scare fest I'm not that bothered about this year, but fireworks is a must again.

Chessington - a few visits would be nice, need to go at least once and preferably Halloween!

Drayton manor - love this park and only made one visit last year... Missed out on fireworks too, so definitely aiming for a couple of visits.

BPB - I would say not overly fussed... But then they decided to add the flat ride I've really wanted to go on so bad, I think with a 3 and a half hour journey, a day trip is out the question so we'll see.

Lisberg - hopefully will get to Lisberg this summer if work allows... Flat ride lineup along with the zierer star shape (I love air!!) Sells it for me and then they have helix and balder, 2 incredible looking rides!

Flamingoland - I was dying to go this year as I've never been, but didn't have the time or friends with money as it's like a 4 and a half hour journey so a few days is needed, would also like to go Light water valley at the same time I'm up there, so this is a maybe but definitely hopefully.

As for the other parks Lego land is pretty boring so not bothered, a trip may happen.. The other parks just probably won't happen as I just don't want to go there enough so the merlin parks will take priority... Oakwood may happen if they do eventually get a new ride.

2K15(Paige ;) ) is an interesting year for me...

Last year I really had my optimum year for theme parks, I managed my first proper trip to Alton Towers and my first proper trip to a theme park in Europe, being Portaventura. This year seems much more boring for me personally however I expect to be doing my regular trips to thorpe park and hopefully a trip to chessington, hopefully during Howl'oween this year.

Aside from merlin parks, I don't think there's much in store for me. I may do a couple of funfairs here and there and may try and get a bit further out and do the odd trip to something like brighton pier or brean leisure park however apart from that I don't expect to be doing anything big. Merlin haven't got any major 2015 developments so I don't feel enticed anywhere and I had my major visit to a theme park abroad last year. I mean I can always hope to do something like Europa Park or Phantasialand in Germany but I will just have to see how that goes.

Over and out for me, have a great year everyone :)

Obviously I will be visiting CWOA on overdrive  :lol:. Thorpe park as much as I can and Legoland maybe once or twice. Shall probably go to adventure island once and Alton towers is a must ,Saving up for a trip there so maybe after AS exams. Because my parents have booked a holiday to scotland a trip to m and d's theme park is now in the diary.Blackpool shall definitely be a must this year Because I'm going on holiday there in april with my family YES YES YES :). (As you can tell I'm very excited) Probably have a trip to Brighton pier somewhere in there as well.  :)

Well Thorpe, Chessington and Towers will be done with Legoland and Drayton more than likely along with Adventure Island and Paultons

I'd love to hit up Lightwater Valley again and would do Flamingo Land whilst up there. Pleasurewood Hills is also on the list and that can just about be done in a very long day from where I live :P

Abroad I'm looking at hitting up the Belgium parks plus Efteling and Phantasialand in a trip. Europa Park has to be on the cards as a possible long weekend away and maybe DLP in November/December.

Should be a good year either way.

Defiently Half Term at Thorpe and Maybe Chessie Half term too as Its not too far from me travel wise.

Towers 25th-26th April for my brothers birthday plus take my son to Cebeebies Land for 1st time.

Towers Aug 1st-2nd for my Birthday and then maybe a Scarefest date.

Other than that heres what I am hoping to do :

Thorpe 10+

Chessie 10+

Legoland 3-5

Towers 2-3

London attractions all of them least twice throughout the year.

Disneyland Paris (Job dependent if I get this other one)

Phantasialand (Job dependent if I get this other one)

aswell if any other parks in UK crop up on a meet.

• 2 months later...

Massive bump to thread...

-Europe-wise is the most interesting and exciting for me though, of course.  Liseberg (and Helix) are calling me, and that seems likely to happen at the end of August / beginning of September.  I've also really wanted to go to the likes of Efteling, Toverland and Phantasialand for a good few years, and I think I now have the time and money to make that a reality this year! 

No Liseberg for me this year after all, but Efteling, Toverland, Phantasialand (and Belgium too) are now 100% confirmed to be happening in early summer!  Already excited.  :wub: