Hyperia - New for 2024

Mysterio Ka

8 hours ago, Glitch said:

Thorpe park were on the silkstone livestream this evening answering questions. They teased an 8 in answer to the new logo.

Also what do you think will be released on Thursday? It wouldn’t be a silkstone event without some sort of teaser!

New range of hats?

Question, are we expecting this rollercoaster to be heavily themed? I’m slightly concerned that we’ve had nothing story wise other than the name. With the swarm we had actors running around telling us the end was coming or will it just be a let the hardware do the talking type of ride?

24 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Question, are we expecting this rollercoaster to be heavily themed? I’m slightly concerned that we’ve had nothing story wise other than the name. With the swarm we had actors running around telling us the end was coming or will it just be a let the hardware do the talking type of ride?

The story is that it's the UK's tallest and fastest rollercoaster, I doubt this will be anywhere near as well themed as the swarm but I'd seriously love to be wrong but I'm expecting a fairly loose theme and mostly just stylized.

46 minutes ago, Glitch said:

The park have said there will be a story, to some degree. I imagine that will mostly be communicated by videos / marketed. In terms of at-the-ride theming, I doubt it will be much beyond landscaping, stylising buildings, logos/images and not much else. The plans don't indicate any theming.

I don't think the ride needs much theming anyway. As said above, the height will do the talking. The location around the lake will add to the vibe. A good, long soundtrack will help create an atmosphere. Onboard audio hasn't been confirmed or denied yet, but could still happen, and would add a lot. I expect there could be actors during the first few days/weeks around the plaza, just to add a bit more to the area. 

In other news, here's a look at what's been built so far in terms of supports/track:

If absolutely everything goes to plan, then - according to the original scheme of implementation in the plans - the ride could be ready by mid-March. Obviously there's a lot of variables there, but I think there's a good chance the ride could open at the start of season.

1 hour ago, Parm Pap said:

you think you're a turn, but you're only a bank, you think you're a turn, but you're only a bank

on we go, building for you, this is our ride for you, enjoy it soon, as we march onto higher territory. but it may be a wait, depends, so let's see

So it's themed to Ru Pauls drag race.