Marc

Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon - New for 2017

At this current time, all we can go by is looking at past attractions.  Saw Alive and Nemesis Sub Terra were both failures because the staffing cost of the actors was too high, and the demand for the attractions was declining.

Whilst I'm not going to write off Derren Brown's Ghost Train at this stage, I can understand why people (myself included) have concerns about its longevity - which as an investment of over £30 million, will have a catastrophic effect on the park if it gets to the stage where the demand isn't high enough to warrant the costs of paying the staff.

Hopefully the use of actors will be minimal - maybe just themed hosts similar to Phalanx on N:ST (therefore not using any extra staff other than those who would be operating the attraction anyway).

Tbh take every single ride at Thorpe look at staff when rides opened vs now....

X lost its indoor queue due to staff cuts. Loosing staff directly lead to limits on the number of people in the building.

Stealth opened with 10 or more staff , I havent seen 4 people loading in a long time. It currently on 2 trains runs with 6-7 staff

Colossus arguably the biggest coaster at thorpe suffers with bad throughputs due to design issues that plague it in terms of when you can dispatch trains and the restraint issues, but thorpe now rarely have 5 staff on Colossus 4 loading and operator.

The list goes on ....whilst even popular rides have massive cuts imagine the impact on the not so big ones

Honestly I understand the track record of Thorpe Park and Merlin with actor attractions but this is their largest ever investment and surely they can't screw this up... Also, we have no idea what's inside. Maybe only a couple of actors are needed... or maybe 10+... then I'd be worried

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I recognise the formula in the 4th pic is the solving for x of a quadratic equation. Oddly I cant see anything that would need that on that sheet.

Also there is a repeated use of the word Tarot.

I haven't had time to look at all of these, they are full of secrets and stuff, but I noticed a few things:

-"Fear is a fascinating thing" - Like the Dungeons Motto, "Fear is a funny thing"?

-"Tracks, its all about Tracks"

-"Room to Hide"

So much to see... O.o

So much that means absolutely nothing and is just designed to entertain enthusiasts like one would entertain a cat by dangling something in front of it...

Just a weird theory that popped into my head. Perhaps the train gets to the 'end of the line' and then the passengers have to decide whether to continue their journey by using people as the track? Is that in any way plausible?

Opening weekend, so I went peeking (from public areas) through some doors...

Door 1 - the suspected Immersive Tunnel end of the building:

2016mar16construction4.jpg

Door 2 - entrance for the assumed covered train carriage:

2016mar16construction6.jpg

Door 3 - to the left of the entrance sign

2016mar16construction17.jpg

Plenty more photos as usual at Total Thorpe Park.

I have to say, I'm impressed by the standard of the work so far on the building. Aside from the fact that they're only themeing 60% of it, what they are doing looks really high quality.

Bodes well for whatever it is we're getting inside the thing...!

The last picture should be the shop :) had a little peek myself, looks very well themed inside the shop from what I could see, so let's hope the rest of the ride inside is as good as the outside..

Hopefully the inside will be as themed as the actual themed portion of the outside?

It looks bloody awful, people who say it'll be covered by trees clearly need their eyes testing and didn't notice the massive corner sticking out...

Just annoys me so much that they'd do so much effort and then just stop for no real reasoning...

One does have to wonder why they'd stop where they did, given it's always been the plan and the large sum of money they're putting into this thing. Surely the extra few hundred grand to even partially theme it would have been money well spent, and isn't that much when compared to the rumoured £30-40m budget? So maybe it's not even a budget thing, which leaves me all the more curious...

It is a shame, as the warehouse is really good, and had so much thought put into it. But the red shed does leave some unflattering angles of the attraction, to say the least.

They could have at least attempted to cover it up, but instead they let it be; it does look absolutely dreadful!

Why couldn't they have spent a little more on making the building attractive from all angles you view it from, and not just half the angles.

That massive box on the third picture looks like a control panel, and the third picture is really interesting. Its the most we've seen inside this building, which is not CG

Notice the attention to detail towards the ceiling, nice decorations and theming

2016mar16construction12.jpg

Just pointing out that this queue line retail unit, looks so out of place, could've been better themed imo, its not even that accessible from said queue? 

I know it has been discussed before but can't find it. What abandoned station was DBGT themed on?

It was themed on a depot near Willesden Junction. :)

What a strange and slightly disappointing place to put a queue shop.

Still excited but things like the garish brown exposed shed, shop & poor paving need to be considered when weighing the end result.