Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

11 minutes ago, MilesK said:

There aren't very many reasons as to why the seat number would suddenly change like that, unless (as previously stated) the VR isn't working on those two certain seats.

The length of the ride on the website has also been changed from 13 minutes to 10-15 minutes.

They've always advertised it as 10-15 minutes haven't they?

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I've heard 13 before somewhere I think. maybe the average experience out of the 12 avaliable is like 13 minutes, but some run to 10 and some last 15?? not too sure. does that mean people who you've gone on the ride with will exit at different times to you?? or something?? weird

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The website did previously advertise the duration as 13 minutes but has now been changed/updated to just 10-15. 13 minutes may've just been an average length they established initially, and now the ride length varies somehow?..

2 hours ago, MilesK said:

There aren't very many reasons as to why the seat number would suddenly change like that, unless (as previously stated) the VR isn't working on those two certain seats.

The length of the ride on the website has also been changed from 13 minutes to 10-15 minutes.

Description states " THIS ONE-OF-A-KIND 13-MINUTE THEME PARK EXPERIENCE "

Fact Sheet states " DURATION
10 - 15 MINUTES "

So as you say, may refer to the average, or simply a play on utilising the number 13 for a Ghost Train

The 10-15 minutes could also be there because the time taken to put the VR headsets on and adjust the focus will vary from group to group.  So maybe 13 minutes is the expected time, but depending on each group, it could be quicker / longer. 

Having the ride time carry depending on experience / ending sounds like an absolute throughput nightmare.

Throw seats may have been removed due to wheelchair access, or on the other hand there may be 60 seats overall, but only 58 or these can be used by the public with actors in the remaining two (we know this will be actor lead like I'm A Celebrity) and so it was changed to avoid confusion?

Who knows, I guess with will have to find out in the next 10 or so days! ;)

8 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

They've probably started advertising it as 10 - 15 minutes, to cover their arses for when they cut 50% of the experience in the future. Actors, Pre-Shows etc

So cutting the experience by "50% will either make it 3 minutes shorter or 2 minutes longer.... Right :ph34r:

Dont think we need to be worrying about it being cut. 

I do like how people are already expecting the ride to have cuts in the future when they don't even know how far the conponents they're expecting to be cut will be used.  Loving the positivity! :)

In all seriousness Saw: Alive was becoming a nightmare to run and if they had it continually open it would loose its appeal for FRIGHT NIGHTS. That's the only area I can remember actors being cut. The actors are still used in I'm A Celebrity as its essential to the experience which I would expect would be the same with the actors inside the attraction. Derren has said the attraction won't feature scares as seen in horror mazes and so I'd be willing to bet they will be used in a similar way to IAC where they guide you through - this is backed up by the job listing stating they will be used in a similar fashion. 

Sometimes I doubt if people (certainly not everyone) even want this attraction to succeed, as all I keep seeing is constant bouts of negativity toward it, and it's future. Wait until you've been on it to pass judgement - otherwise you are just firing shots in the dark.

Does anyone know why so many rides have, and continue, to be closed for "essential maintenance" since the park has opened this year? Saw was closed for nearly a week last month! Surely this should have been completed whilst the park was shut? Apologies for going off topic - just curious...

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic