Thorpe Park 2020

Marc

2 minutes ago, cw22 said:

I'm sure someones has suggested it before, but I think this whole 'System Initialising', and glitch, relates to the start of the marketing campaign for a new attraction for 2021, and the park may be using Stealth as part of the campaign. Similar to how the park marketed LC12/The Swarm with the barriers they set up under Stealth's launch/top hat. 

This is just speculation, but I think the system initialising may be the new 'ride system'/theme beginning to take over the park by glitching. The park may incorporate Stealth somehow as it's very near to the potential new island where we may have seen land clearing beginning already, and as we all know they may connect the islands together through the 'Secret Garden'/under Stealth's launch. I'd love to see small hints dotted around the park this season to this 'glitch' starting to take over such as new music/sound, imagine the Stealth launch countdown audio slightly modified to hint at something. Potentially some new small themeing elements such as the billboards we saw for LC12. etc

Spoiler alert: This marketing campaign has nothing to do with 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

-How many ways can they dress up the idea of 'ride our 6 best rides and get a pop badge'?

-"Random roller coaster replays"? Are they suggesting you'll get multiple laps on a roller coaster? Sounds like a silly idea?

-"Detonation delays"? You mean, like how Detonator always runs?

-SuperCharged Summer sounds...naff?

-Food stuff sounds alright though.

Hopefully their efforts for this year have gone into improving the park. Because these events sound like they've been knocked up in 5 minutes by someone who's never visited a theme park before...

They have to be taking the piss calling it 'HyperSpring' fully knowing us enthusiasts would want a hyper coaster? 

I'm hoping this is still all marketing for a new coaster, and I hope the park 'loses' the battle this season to the 'trans-dimensional glitch', and it turns out that land clearing on the island behind The Swarm, is where the glitch has taken over and some technological monster themed hyper coaster is built for 2021. Of course this won't happen and I'm dreaming way too big, and hopefully they're gonna put the Thorpe Farm back on that island with a permanent bouncezilla. A man can dream though and here's my poor layout idea which no-one asked for of how a b&m hyper similar to Mako could work:

Untitled.jpg

16 minutes ago, cw22 said:

They have to be taking the piss calling it 'HyperSpring' fully knowing us enthusiasts would want a hyper coaster? 

I'm hoping this is still all marketing for a new coaster, and I hope the park 'loses' the battle this season to the 'trans-dimensional glitch', and it turns out that land clearing on the island behind The Swarm, is where the glitch has taken over and some technological monster themed hyper coaster is built for 2021. Of course this won't happen and I'm dreaming way too big, and hopefully they're gonna put the Thorpe Farm back on that island with a permanent bouncezilla. A man can dream though and here's my poor layout and idea of how a b&m hyper similar to Mako could work:

Untitled.jpg

With the success of the Galactica re-theme at Alton Towers I don't think some sort of futuristic theme for a coaster is unrealistic for Thorpe in the future, it opens up a lot of scope for some really cool theming/effects/soundtracks and is an exciting yet family-friendly theme that gets away from the doom, gloom and apocalypse of a lot of other rides at the park. If they decide to go with something other than a woodie whenever they next get some serious investment, it could work very well.

As you said, a new coaster is unfortunately not something I can see in the near future, but this is an interesting idea.

1 minute ago, coaster38 said:

With the success of the Galactica re-theme at Alton Towers I don't think some sort of futuristic theme for a coaster is unrealistic for Thorpe in the future, it opens up a lot of scope for some really cool theming/effects/soundtracks and is an exciting yet family-friendly theme that gets away from the doom, gloom and apocalypse of a lot of other rides at the park. If they decide to go with something other than a woodie whenever they next get some serious investment, it could work very well.

As you said, a new coaster is unfortunately not something I can see in the near future, but this is an interesting idea.

Who remembers this image? I agree with this, Galactica was re-themed in 2016, and this image was released I believe in summer 2017, so thorpe potentially had something technological themed in the works at the time seeing what Merlin did with Galactica. That bridge does look like a hyper coaster, and they're still using that blue/tech theme this season. I'm probably over-speculating and over-hyping this all but I'm hoping theres definitely still something bigger in the works.

th.jpg

No mention of the green light on Stealth being fixed in that press release, gutted.

That Black Mirror blurb reads like the spin they gave to DBGT. 

Am guessing Nick Hutson is probably beavering away right now on some sound effects for the glitches/replays for Hyperspring.

Agree 100% with the cOSmiC 6 ChAlLeNGe - people don't care about this, other than a handful of over ambitious MAPpers who would fight to the death for a pop badge.

13 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

What everyone wonders; How many seasons does it take to change a lightbulb?

It took them what, 14 years to fix the Tidal Wave entrance sign only for them to put a Coke freestyle machine in front of it so maybe the lightbulb isn't worth fixing in the first place.