Slammer

Artie

I actually think it has overall been very reliable this year. It has been open on all my visits.

I agree with this, it's been open on all of my visits except for one a couple of weeks ago... On the whole this season it's been pretty good up until it's had this prolonged time of downtime, which always seems to happen just before or in the middle of Fright Nights. However I think the worst ride for reliability this year has to be Samurai, it didn't open right at the start of the season, has had quite a lot of 'odd days' where it's down and also was down for about a week when Slammer went down firstly too.Slammer is a brilliant ride, but as Benin said it struggles with capacity and loading times. Although fastrack for it is only £2 for some reason, great price if it's queue's big :blush: This is a bit of a stupid question Lol, but does anyone happen to know if it might open by next weekend?

Anyone have any idea what's wrong with Slammer recently? I'm determined to drag my sister on it on the 16th - does anyone think it'll be open by then?

No idea what's wrong with it, but they must be waiting for a major part as it's been in the same state for about 3 weeks now... been down almost a month. As I said in my earlier post, one of the motors which turns the main boom doesn't have it's belt attached, so it must have something majorly wrong with it, with the motor or gearbox possibly... Hopefully it'll be up again before the end of the season, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. :)

No idea what's wrong with it, but they must be waiting for a major part as it's been in the same state for about 3 weeks now... been down almost a month. As I said in my earlier post, one of the motors which turns the main boom doesn't have it's belt attached, so it must have something majorly wrong with it, with the motor or gearbox possibly... Hopefully it'll be up again before the end of the season, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. :(

Oh no! That actually sucks :'( I haven't been on it since '09 and was really looking forward to giving it another go! Thanks for the information though :rolleyes: I suppose I should tell my sister she's safe then ... Still making her go on Rush though, being the lovely big sister I am :P

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, find it quite funny that the ride was down for around the same amount of time last year and give or take a week it has practically reopened at the same time. So shall we expect it to go down again for about 6 weeks in September next year. It seems to hate the beginning of Fright Nights.But apart from this I think Slammer has had a good year.

• 4 months later...

After being stuck on slammer for 30 minutes I got a free hot drink and fast track for any ride so it wasn't so bad.

Reminds me of last day of season 2005. Though the hot drinks machine was broken, so they were trying to offer people ice cold coke. On a freezing wet cold November day. Amazing memories <3

It offers a completely unique experience and swinging over forwards never fails to make me laugh. It's a shame that you have to go through an extraordinarily lengthy loading procedure for effectively a ride which only delivers for half of the cycle, but as a ride experience it has good potential, so calling it a failure is a tad harsh in my view.

It wouldnt surprise me if Slammer dont last much longer, its had a terrible last 2 years with over a month of downtime each year, its slow to load, its not very popular and it seems to now shutdown each day just after lunch for "checks". Its hardly ideal for the park and if it has another bad year wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if it goes.

Dumb question time, but what is wrong with it? Is it the same thing going wrong over and over, or is there a long list of issues with new ones occurring all the time?Surely S+S must be held financially responsible for issues which have never been resolved since installation?