Slammer

Artie

Spoke to a member of staff and apparently it got stuck up the top (wouldn't lower) with people on for well over an hour, and that it wouldn't be open for the rest of the season; did wonder why it said CLOSED on the queue times instead of Unavailable!

Starts off with chessie with closing rameses for the rest of 2013 now thorpe with slammer...

Starts off with chessie with closing rameses for the rest of 2013 now thorpe with slammer...

Many staff members in the past have also said Slammer was being decommissioned, with the ride ending up open a few weeks later. I would always take bold comments like that with a pinch of salt...

and when samurai had the sign last year saying closed til 2013 season, and they fixed and opened it for fright nights... I don't know about all season but I could see slammer being down a while, as they know it's not opening by putting a sign by the entrance and changing it's status on queue time to CLOSED which all the other rides which are down say Unavailable.

• 3 weeks later...

Slammer update and yes, it is still closed.

It has also vanished from the two queue line boards completely and the website has been updated on the Slammer page to say

Slammer is currently unavailable to ride at the moment.

One positive though, it still has all of its signage up which is a good sign that it will re open.

Well they wouldn't be because its the only sky swat freefalling in the world and attracts people that love that sort of ride including me :)

On that note, I have seen nothing from Thorpe to say "one of a kind" or "world's only" or anything of that nature. Not usually Thorpe or even Merlin's style to miss out on such a marketing opportunity.