Slammer

Artie

• 1 month later...

I really hope that Slammer does re-open next year.

It is a unique (and in my opinion very good) flat ride and I will really miss it if it goes.

Couldn't agree more, My favorite flat ride, and to be honest, it fits like the space that it's in perfectly, and it never has a que ;) But Thorpe said they panned on getting it open on Fright nights, which they now say is very unlikely, So I'm pretty sure it'll open next year

I wouldn't pin any hopes on it being replaced, planning permission would have been submitted by now and we have none...

Whilst I agree it's unlikely to be replaced, I wouldn't count it out just yet. There's still time for a replacement to be sent in, etc. Though the park would have to stick to a tight schedule to open it for the beginning of the new season.

Then again, it could just be replaced by something which doesn't require planning permission; a picnic area or something for example.

My last couple of trips to Thorpe Park I've seen Slammer out of action for a lot of time now. I think they should get rid of it and build a new flat ride, because slammer has been out of action for ages. Maybe this could be a new possibility for something new next year, or maybe they're not giving up with slammer just yet! Bring on 2014.

Edited by Tommy
Grammar and capital letters