2014 Season

Marc

Found this photo:

184117_2304151606300_3609177_n.jpg

From my FB in July 2011 - https://www.facebook.com/joshua.coyston/media_set?set=a.2236459274034.133126.1324550230&type=3 (Sorry about the terrible quality)

Certainly looks like it was but up then? I vaguely remember seeing the shop after it had opened thinking the sign would have suited a Swarm shop, because the font used looked very similar to that of Swarm's at the time :P

Strange either way though :P

EDIT: Looks like there's two different sets of photos there. There's some labelled as 'Berk09-####' and some as 'JasonHawkes-####'. So maybe the Berk ones are from 2009 and the JH ones 2012? You can sorta make out from one or two of the 'Berk' ones that Octopus Gardens is still about. :)

Edited by JoshC.

Thorpe's twitter account just posted a link to this: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TPVVZVC with the following text: "Interested in testing THORPE PARK Resort's new site? Fill out our survey: if we use you, you'll get an Annual Pass"

It's a pretty standard survey except for one interesting thing on question 8 :

Would you be free on Monday 24th February to come to central London to test a new THORPE PARK digital product?

So are they testing a new website as implied by the tweet or a new 'digital product'? I'm unsure but either way it's closed season I'm grasping any news! :P Also I'm bringing this to your attention because I can't go to the event and thought some of you lot might be able too :P

Never been at the beginning of the season before to any theme park... so just wondering how busy Thorpe Park normally is at the beginning of their season as I will be visiting Friday 21st March, and just wondering whether to expect it to be busy or not?

Any help would be appreciated.

That being a weekday should mean it's fairly quiet.

• 4 weeks later...

First AP day, few things to note. Park doesn't look quite ready, especially around Stealth. Both the diner and the shop look rough and ready. The join between Amity Cove and Angry birds Land currently looks terrible with a silly game added next to the KFC which is an abominaton on the eyes,.

The flat rides really struggled today. Samurai, Slammer and Zodiac didn't open at all (all three should be scrapped), Vortex looked abysmal and could barely make it anyway above top swing.

BixdXsyIQAATqRy.jpg

(The highest it could get)

Quantum seemed to be having large issues with the restraints, having to be rechecked again and again. Saw Rush and Detonator broken down as well. Rush was also on a very short, 3 top swing setting.

The real saviour was as per usual the B&M's and water rides. Both B&M's were on two trains and both running extremely well. The weather was perfect for the water rides too.

All in all, a good start to the season but they need to get those flat rides going before the busy season really gets going.

Today wasn't a bad start for the season, Colossus was running very nicely, Mexican Cantina's extension looks rather nice and Inferno shop has had a facelift with some great fire details, posters in relation to the area theme and a former fungle Safari car, which can now be used as a photo spot, which is nice touch.

There were a few problems though today.
Vortex and Rush ran on poor short settings today (especially Vortex (which I'm starting to not like as much as I used to)
Zodiac, Slammer and Samurai were closed
Train 2 on Colossus was missing without trace
Stealth on just 1 train
The area between Tidal Wave and Stealth looks a bit of a mess
Loggers Leap still has a patched tunnel area (no surprises there)
Stealth store looks generic
Amity chip shop looks a bit odd (but still better than that Burger Kitchen in Legoland)
Staff seemed a bit slow on most rides, but as it's their first day, I'll let them off it for now.

Generally mixed bag.

The real saviour was as per usual the B&M's and water rides. Both B&M's were on two trains and both running extremely well.

Would just like to highlight that SWARM opened on one train; and then added a second train at the beginning of the afternoon; before breaking down at the end of the day. Inferno also opened on one, and also had downtime, as it was shut before I went into Pizza Hut, while I was in Pizza Hut, and just managed to open as I left albeit with a second train added - perhaps they closed it down to add and/or check over train two, who knows.

Everything else you wrote I agree with, just wanted to highlight those two bits.

Also, @markfranklin the queue to get into the park took me about thirty minutes or so this morning; just due to volume of people but once inside most queue lines peaked at around 15 mins, and I'm sure others there today would agree with that.

One thing I thought about today - oh, what a difference not selling fastrack makes!

Even on one train, the queues actually moved today! The park would be a much better place without that godforsaken system!

I know everything ran just lovely and happily and nothing was wrong admittedly Samurai, zodiac and slammer (even though I like the first and last) would probably be best in a heap of metal because they are more closed then open these days!